Here's a little update on this pregnancy:
This baby moves all the time. Seriously. He's definitely the most active baby I have had so far. It makes if fun though. Even though I can't sleep well and it's often uncomfortable, it's still my most favorite part of pregnancy.
Back pain + mega pelvic pain: So I have had tailbone issues each pregnancy and they only seem to get worse with each pregnancy. It makes it very difficult to sit and sleep and do normal things. On top of that, I woke up a couple weeks ago with an unwelcome pressure on my pubic bone and I assumed maybe he had just dropped. It drastically worsened and is now at the point where I sometimes can barely walk, roll over in bed or stand up. Climbing into the car is excruciating and a stroll through the store has me in tears. I have never had this with the first two. My bones grind and crack as I walk and it just plain hurts. I haven't had that "ready to be done" feeling and I rather hate that feeling, but this pain makes me consider doing everything I can to get the baby to come soon. Thankfully it started at the tail end of my pregnancy, so I am doing my best to fight through it and avoid bed rest. My midwife offered some prescription drugs to help with the pain, but I declined and am sticking to heating pads and rest which does alleviate the intensity.
Tressler Boy #3: He still does not have a name. It drives me crazy. We don't seem to be any closer to a decision. I think up until a few days ago James didn't realize how pressing it is that we decide on one soon. Sometimes I wish babies came with a name already. I have a name that I have liked throughout the pregnancy, but it doesn't have a great meaning, so James hates it. I think that will be my back-up if nothing better comes up before baby comes out.
Moving: We are moving on the 22nd and I am due on the 28th. I was hoping to have the baby before Christmas for his birthday's sake, but that would make the timeline for events this year a little difficult. I'm not too worried since I don't plan on moving any boxes by myself anyways, but I am going to be eager to unpack them and to also get Christmas stuff set up at our place asap. Thankfully my mom will be here to help me, so it'll all be fine.
My bleeding disorder: Still waiting to hear the results of my latest blood work to see if my clotting factors are in a normal range which would allow me to deliver in the birthing center. Otherwise I'll be in the hospital.. not the end of the world, but not my first choice.
Few random notes: I crave salt all the time. I have taken to chewing the salt off of pretzels before I eat the pretzel. I realize it's gross and not super healthy, but I crave it. I still crave smells, but not as badly as I did. I do take breaks in my day to occasionally take a big whiff of laundry detergent. I also crave crushed ice almost all day long. My poor teeth.
I have crazy dreams and I often wake up around 5 and can't get back to sleep ( I am so not a morning person). I get the "you look like you're ready to pop" comments on a daily basis now. They make me laugh, but if I think about it they make me feel so embarrassed too. Several weeks ago I had an elderly man ask me how much longer I had. I told him 7 weeks to which he replied, "7 weeks?! Looks more like 7 minutes!" I just laughed. I know they don't mean to be offensive, but it still doesn't feel good to have people reminding you how large you are when you already feel large and disgusting.
38 week check-up: I came through the door and the first midwife I saw said, "You're still pregnant?" Then I waddled my way to the bathroom (the pelvic issue makes it impossible not to waddle and it is a very exaggerated waddle) and the receptionist said, "You're walking kind of funny there girl!" I just shouted back, "I know, I'm in pain!" She later told me I'm the cutest pregnant lady, so that made up for it :) Everything is looking good. He has been head down since at least 33 weeks now and my last ultrasound proved that. Things are moving along and my body is getting prepared, but no major signs yet. Won't be too much longer though. AHHH!
It is so weird that I am 2 weeks away. The last month is always bitter-sweet for me because you get the beautiful baby you've been waiting for, but you also lose a part of you. Pregnancy isn't easy or really fun, but I still love it and I miss it after each delivery.
Happy, healthy baby thoughts.... oh, and any last minute names?

5 comments:
We had such a hard time with a boy's name. I thought we were going with Zachary Scott (after our brothers and hubby's middle name), but hubby changed his mind a few weeks before the end. We ended up going with Jameson (after hubby's grandpa James). Since your hubby's name is James, it would be fitting. :-)
Awww. I don't know how big your belly is, but I do know that you are beautiful! I have always thought you were super pretty, and looking through your Facebook photos the other day I wanted to say so. And your boys look a lot like you; it's so cute!
Yeah, I feel the same way about a name. Though Kylann doesn't care about the meaning. I still think it's so funny that it's such a big deal to him. I think it's gotten to the point where you just need to tell him, I'm picking the name and you can choose the middle name. I like the name you picked and I think you should go with it. If it's the same one you mentioned to me awhile back.
Luckily I haven't had too many people comment on my size yet. But I also don't get out much. You look like you're about the same size as me sister. Wish we could take a comparison picture. That would be fun!
I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. :( Does your RS president know about your situation? You should let them know so you can get help. Don't be stubborn like me. ;) Love you sister friend and I hope we get to see you soon and meet little no name. ;)
I think he totally looks like Makai! I thought that before I even read the caption. He's sure gonna be another handsome Tressler boy!
I've been making a list of names. I hate that feeling when you have no idea! Take 'em or leave 'em: Grant, Griffin, Colm, Collin, Tate, Graham, Isaac, Russell, Garrett, Roan.
We love you guys! My sister just had her third little boy too, so it's made me think about you lots. Give those boys a hug from us!
Naming kids is HARD! I too wish they already came with names. It would sure make that choice a lot easier. We only had a handful of names when I was pregnant with Jaxon and we weren't in love with any of them really. Now I can't picture Jaxon being any of those names, so that's good. Our names were Jaxon, Mason, Kaden, Tyson, Gavin, and Sam <--- Ha! Good Luck! :)
we're in the same boat with names. oh well, they'll end up with something, right? lol. that's what I'm counting on, anyway. something will just fit when the time comes.
ouch. I'm so sorry you're in that kind of pain, it sounds awful. the things we do for these perfect tiny babes. I cannot believe we're at the end - - - YAY FOR US! and you're right, as hard as being pregnant is, it's a little feeling of loss too, though, I don't think I miss it after about 30 minutes!
GOOD LUCK. moving and pregnant is hard, but you're lucky your mom will be there to help and it will feel so great to be in your own place once little boy decides to arrive! I'm crossing my fingers you can birth in the birthing center, it sounds heavenly.
Post a Comment