3.14.2013

Hi Y'All

Or should I say Hola?

We're moving to Texas. South Texas. Like, US Border Texas. James got a job with the Border Patrol. He is so excited. He leaves for the Academy this weekend and will be gone for 3 months (we can't join him at the Academy). Then we will join him out there when he's through with training. We will miss him soooo much. But we/I am so excited for him. This is the line of work that he has always wanted and he's good at it.

We had a choice between this job or a County Police job. We applied for BP in August 2011 and have been going through the process since. He applied for the County Police August 2012. He wanted BP, but we didn't want to count on it alone and the County Police was a good second option. We were unsure what we would do if the Police offered him the job first (which was more likely since Federal Government takes forever). Well, he was offered the BP job first. A week after accepting this offer the County Police called to offer him a job. He turned it down.

BP gave him 2 1/2 weeks to get ready to report, so things are moving fast. Everything seems to have worked out to let us know this is right.

It's scary, but we're looking forward to this new adventure for James and our family. Wish us luck!!

10 comments:

Jenn and Kylann said...

I'm gonna laugh if you pick up an accent! I don't think we will since not everyone on post is from TX. I really don't hear it all that much. There are mostly Hispanics here anyway. ;)

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

OOOHHHH MY GOODNESS!!! I am so SO excited for you guys! James deserves it! John and I were just talking the other night wondering what was going on with you guys, I can't wait to tell him. He'll be stoked for James. What a move! Excited for you.

Elissa said...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy Texas.

Katie R said...

Wow! Congrats you guys! That's so exciting!!! Good luck with the move and everything. And, yes. Please pick up a Texan accent. :)

Tree said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you'all! I am sure you will love it there - you always find something wonderful about where you are! So happy that James has a job that is excited about too!

Cameron said...

Wow! That's so exciting! Such a big move. I'm sure it will be fabulous. (Posted by Kassandra...I'm on the tablet and it's a pain to switch Google I'd on) Miss you guys

Kerry and Dave said...

Wow! Congratulations! We will miss you. But this sounds like a great opportunity for your family. My brother served his mission in McAllen.

Jeremy,Jennie said...

This is so exciting!!! We really miss Texas!!!! Good luck with moving and everything, we're happy for you guys!!

Nichole Roxanne said...

I'll be suprised if you DON'T pick up the accent!! We were only in Algebra for like a day before you picked up a Russian accent! haha Congratulations, I hear lots of good things about Texas! And you're only a 24 hour drive from where I live haha! :)

kelsey said...

That's amazing. Congrats to James. I remember when I met you and we were talking about our husbands you told me his dream job was to be a sniper, so it sounds like he's going to be doing something he loves. Exciting! Good luck with the big move. It's hard, but you'll soon be settled. I can't wait to hear about your new adventures!