A couple of weeks ago a very good friend of mine (Becky) threw me the most fantastic baby shower ever. When she first mentioned that she wanted to throw me one I just thought, "but I don't need anything." She insisted that didn't matter and that we needed to celebrate anyways. I happily obliged.
It was a glorified girls night. What could be better than that? Becky planned it all and surprised me that night. She's kind of amazing. She's the kind of friend everyone needs.
She picked me up and we drove to The Melting Pot! YUM!
There was a great turn out, great food, great conversation and I felt so very blessed to look around the table and see so many faces of people who care about me and wanted to participate in celebrating our 3rd baby.
 |
| Becky, Kenyatta, Teresa |
 |
| Kim, Amber, Linda |
 |
| Donna, Jaime, Elissa, Brooke |
 |
| Mary, me |
 |
| Teresa, Aurora, Mya, Haley |
 |
Look at all those beautiful faces!
(My friend Felicia had to leave pre-pictures, so just imagine another pretty face mixed in there.) |
 |
| Miss Becky and me. Have I mentioned how much I love this girl? |
I came home raving about it to James and he suggested that every woman have a baby shower for every baby. I tend to side with him. He also mentioned how wonderful it is that I have such great friends. I tend to side with him on that one too. I really can't thank Becky and everyone enough for making it such a special night for me.
I am getting so so excited to have this baby!!
6 comments:
That's awesome! I'm so glad they did that for you. It may be your 3rd baby, but it's always nice to celebrate something as awesome as giving birth! I can't wait to see pictures and find out his name! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and all the newborn days. :) Love you!!
I'm so glad that you have such good friends :) and that you are having such a blast getting ready for your 3rd! I will have to come and meet him too someday! love you mucho! and tell James, Ezra and Makai that I say hi!
How fun! I agree. Even if you don't need anything, you should always celebrate with some good friends! And oh my that's a lot of girls! It looks like so much fun! And you look gorgeous as ever!!!
I wish I could have been there for your shower. I am so glad you have such sweet friends Kayleen. I Love you hun.
Ditto to what everyone else said! I wish I could've been there, I'm so glad someone is showing you the love you disserve, and there's always a reason to celebrate a baby--especially a Tressler baby!
I've been thinking a lot about what having baby #3 will be like. The general public tend to lose a little interest after you have a boy and girl and are moving on, but that doesn't make our children any less special to us, or the Heavenly Father, right?
I'm glad James is in the baby shower camp. Me too!
oh.my.melting.pot. I'm getting heartburn just thinking about it, but it's SO GOOD. I'm so happy you have such great friends there to do something for you! Looks like fun.
Post a Comment