8.02.2012

Time with Daddy

James is suppose to have 4 days of work and then 3 days off, but that has never happened since he got the job. In fact, there have been many weeks where he has 1 or no days off. However, last week he was able to actually have 3 full days off and it was HEAVENLY.

We had so much fun with daddy. We went to the ocean where Ezra and Makai rode a boogie board for the first time and Makai had his first experience going under a wave with daddy (totally an accident, but he handled it so well). I thought he'd come out screaming, but he just came out spitting water because of the salty taste.
We also looked for cars, went shopping, saw a movie and had sooo much play/wrestle time. 
Sunday night we went for a bike ride and to a local park. It was so wonderful. 

It was so sad to send him off to work again after those beautiful 3 days. Everything is so much better when daddy is with us. He sure is a good one and we are so blessed for all of his hard work to provide for our family. Love you daddy. 
Can't wait for your next day off; these boys keeps tackling me and trying to sword fight and I'm just not nearly as fun as you are :)

2 comments:

Katie R said...

Isn't it the best when daddy's home? I definitely do not envy you having him gone so much. Here's to hoping you have more three day off periods!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

I love when John gets a couple days off in a row! I hope that starts happening more for you guys- fun!