He's still causing trouble and getting away with it every day. Darn those heart-melting grins and giggles.
Today Makai and I had a little date while Ezra was in preschool. Normally we just play at home because I feel guilty going any where fun without Ezra, but it was beautiful today, so we went to the beach. We took our shoes off, walked in the sand and threw sticks in the water. He was completely soaked by the end of our date, but had such a blast. I loved watching him explore all on his own without the example of Ezra to mimic. It was so cute seeing how independent he became and what things interested him. We stayed until he decided he was done and started walking back to the car. We came home, rinsed our feet in the bath and I tried to work out. He wouldn't stop hugging me and jumping on me, so it was hard to work out, but so worth the loves. I think that was his way of thanking me for our date :)
He's talking a lot more and has just started putting a couple of words together. Usually it's, "No, naw-ee (naughty), go." He likes to scold Ezra a lot. He tells me stories and requires some kind of response or interjection. There are still a couple sounds that I can't figure out what words they are supposed to be, but for the most part he's easy to understand.
He still loves animals. His favorite right now is a horse.
He has started hitting which is such a challenge because "time out" hardly fazes him and he usually goes right back to hitting after a time out. He is good about giving hugs and saying "saw-ee". And Ezra has yet to hit him back which makes me so proud.
He loves to be outside. He could explore outside all day long.
He still loves his "bee-bee" (binky). I haven't tried to take it away yet. I think it's going to be awhile. He doesn't just have one binky at night, he usually has to have at least two. If I don't give him two, he somehow finds one. We are always losing them and he is always finding them. I think he hides them.
He sits so still on daddy's lap and adores him and spending time with him.
He loves to spill water. He dumps water on the floor at least once a day. You'd think we'd learn our lesson and not leave water where he can get it, but it's kind of impossible with a 3 year old who drinks out of big boy cups and a trusting mom who thinks that he will really just drink it this time. At least it's water.
He is becoming picky about what jammies he wears and makes a point to protest if I pick the wrong ones.
He loves to sing. His favorite songs are action songs, especially "bringing home a baby bumblebee", "Popcorn Popping" and "itsy bitsy spider".
He's a good eater. You cannot leave food anywhere in his reach without him finding it. You can't eat food without him mooching (even if he just had dinner). He just doesn't stop eating if it's available.
He is still very expressive and is becoming quite a grunter/squawker. He makes the saddest little face when he's in trouble or doesn't get his way and it makes us laugh every time. He knows he's cute. He'll usually put his head on the table, close his eyes and rest there for about 15 seconds. Then he'll lift his head smiling and expect us to be smiling too. We always are.
He likes to brush his teeth, but doesn't always like when mommy takes over or starts it for him.
He hates holding my hand in public. He refuses to hold my hand across the road which results in him being carried and attempting suicide out of my arms.
He would run until he crashed if there was someone to chase or someone chasing him. He and Ezra run in circles around a pole in the basement. It's becoming part of their bedtime routine. I honestly pick him up mid run and put him to bed. He just doesn't stop moving.
He enjoys playing with cars and is constantly saying, "beep beep".
He knows most of his body parts and loves his eyes and belly button the most.
He's still learning animal noises, but is good at: dog, cat, horse, lion and duck.
He says his own little prayers. He folds his arms, mumbles a bunch of noises, unfolds his arms and says, "ay ay"(amen).
We love this little squish so much. He keeps me busy and greatly contributes to my hair turning white, but he is just too cute to get mad at. It's bad news, but they're only little and adorable for a limited amount of time, so I can't help myself.
3 comments:
I love it! I have been loving my one on one time with Johnny while Caity is in preschool. Mak is so cute, I loved this update!
I've said this a lot. . . but really. That kid is DARLING. I love to read about what he's doing, since he and Scarlett are only a couple of weeks apart. They are so fun, I wish they could play!
Your babies are SO big! I miss yall so much, and your kiddos are still a ridiculous amount of cute. I just stalked most of your blog and I just want to let you know a couple of things - you are awesome and such a great mommy and example to all other moms. You are one of those people that when I read your blog, I'm jealous of your life because you seem to have it all, just so you know - you rock! And I wish we were still in Rexburg and close to each other. We didn't hang out enough.
Post a Comment