5.14.2012

Mother/Son Date Knight

Last week the boys and I took a date to Chick-fil-a for their Mother/Son Date Knight. I actually like Chick-fil-a. It's fantastic as far as fast food places go. They are always having activities, it's yummy and they're closed on Sundays. My friend Kelsey, author of modern.healthy.mom, is likely gagging at me saying that. Sorry :) It could be worse.

They had Medieval Times sponsor the event for us. It was very well decorated and there were many medieval characters wandering around through dinner. They even took a pic of us when we came in and had it printed before we left. I'll have to scan it because it was a really cute pic of the boys :) 

We sat down, had a server, were given crowns, Knight shields to design and bunch of conversation questions for moms to ask their boys. It was great. They even gave us a plate with a chocolate covered strawberry, chocolate drizzled marshmallow and grapes.
Makai quickly snagged that chocolate covered strawberry. 
Ezra grabbed the marshmallow. He was beyond excited to be a Knight!
Then Makai snagged the marshmallow from Ezra too.
They had a jester make balloon swords for everyone. Makai went a little wild and popped his right away, which made Ezra cry because that's what we do when Makai goes wild.
Ezra still has his a week later.
These were some of the performers walking around entertaining us during our meal.
It was a wonderful event. Any business that supports the family makes my happy list. Ezra still talks about that cow. Makai would not stop giving him high fives and waving to him. I think the cow took a minute to breathe before we left and it made Makai so sad that he couldn't say good-bye. So silly.

4 comments:

kelsey said...

LOL. You're funny. No, I don't think that. I feel like a lot of people think I die over what they eat now, but I don't. And you're right, it could be A LOT worse. ha.

Those are some stinking cute little knights! Dates are always fun. I wish we lived closer to . . . anything.

Grafulas said...

Your comment instructions are cracking me up! Anyway, AMEN to Chick-Fil-A love--their playgrounds are the best for toddlers and we once got a "Between the Lions" story cd that my girls still listen to every other day, and the cool wildlife books too...educationally oriented surprises. I'm starting to feel yearnings for a son and it makes me feel like a traitor to little-girlyhood.

Jeremy,Jennie said...

How fun!! I love special little dates like this with my kids. And we LOVE chic fil a. I think Kaden asks to go there at least once every other week! Those are some really cute little knights you have :)

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

I can't believe that is Makai!! Would I even recognize him? He has become so grown up! Looks like such a fun date, I am glad you guys go to do that together!