4.12.2012

Some Days We Just Cry

Yesterday was this kind of day for all of us:

Mess after mess after spill after hit after something broken after something lost after melt down after melt down after melt down. Some days we just cry. Thankfully the "sun will come out tomorrow." Am I alone in this? 
A friend of mine once told me I was like Mother Teresa. I don't think it was meant in a necessarily good way. She said sometimes she feels like a bad mom after spending time with me. I felt awful. 

Another time someone told me they don't know how I do it and that I am too nice sometimes. 
You need to know... Some days we just cry!
And that's okay. 
No one is perfect, no matter what their facebook or blog tries to tell you. 
We all have different strengths and struggles. 

I answered my friend by saying, "I do it the same way you do. I cry through some days, and laugh through others."

And truthfully I just pray ALL DAY LONG.
And that's okay, too. 

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Amen Kayleen! How often do we read blogs about how horrible some mother's day was, or how many tantrums their kids had that day, or how their three-almost four year old woke up crying and the crying just continued all day long... I'm going to say not very often! I think you're a great mom and just like the rest of us, although we may not show it, have bad days as well.Our days here have been about the same- we cry ALOT! Raising kids sure is hard, totally worth it, but that doesn't make it easier. Keep up the great work that you are doing and raise your boys the way YOU want to raise them. :) And if you have to cry, LET IT OUT! We all do!!!!

kelsey said...

I cry all the time. And pray constantly. Motherhood isn't easy for anyone. I won't believe anyone who tells me otherwise. No kids are perfect, which means parenting cannot be perfect. We had a hard day today too. But you're right, the sun WILL come up tomorrow. . . I hope. hehe.

Elissa said...

It's so true. Most of the time all we see is the good side of others' lives. I don't generally write about melt-down, screaming, tantruming days on my blog- but they happen. I hope you have a better week this week.:)

Michaela said...

see, keeping it real! I love it! I love being around people like you - Amazing moms that inspire me to be better, and tell me it's perfectly normal to have bad days and just cry. all.day.long. as long as I also remember to pray all day long also! Eventually the sun does always come out :)