3.28.2012

Learning Time in Space

Today we jazzed up our learning time and took a trip to the moon. Ezra got all dressed up in his Astronaut costume and we were off.

Ezra thought it was hilarious to pose silly and have my take pictures of his feet. I wish I could bottle the sound of his squeaky laughter. He's such a goof and he loves it.

We made attempts at reading words like, moon, sun, star, sky, and astronaut (Ezra's request). He was doing pretty well until we got to star and then I think he lost interest. Here is how it went:

Ezra: (sounding out the letters)
Me: Good, now put them together. What does it say?
Ezra: ssst aa rr. Umm, you help me.
Me: Why don't you try a couple more times.
Ezra: (sounds out the letters again) Let's do another word.
Me: Okay, I'll give you a hint: Twinkle twinkle little...
Ezra: Star!
Me: Good, so what does this word say?
Ezra: Diamond!
Me: Let's try again. Twinkle twinkle little...
Ezra: Rainbow!
Me: I've lost you haven't I?

We came back to it and he caught on to my "subtle hints" eventually. Reading is tough. Especially when he's only interested 30% of the time. Maybe we'll just stick to flying to the moon.


Of course Makai had to dress up too, so we improvised and had "Dinosaur Aliens"





2 comments:

Jeremy,Jennie said...

That's a WAY cute dino and astronaut!!! Looks like fun!!

kelsey said...

That is the stinking cutest little astronaut costume--- amazing. Reading IS tough. I'm surprised you get his attention for that long! lol. Cute, cute boys.