11.18.2011

All I Want for Christmas ...

Ezra keeps asking me when Santa is bringing his spinning toy. I made the mistake of buying it in front of him and telling him that I was going to give it to Santa and see if Santa could bring it to Ezra for Christmas. I love that a 3 year old will believe my obnoxious lies. Though I do feel badly on occasion for them. Now whenever we go to the store or flip through a magazine Ezra decides he wants everything and he tells me to tell Santa. He would be happy with a lollipop for Christmas, but I think it's fun for him to feel the freedom of asking for everything. Especially when my response isn't always, "It's too expensive." I usually just say, "Okay, we'll ask Santa."


Up until last night I believed that he really wanted everything he pointed to. However, we've been listening to Christmas music and while at the grocery store last night Ezra was going around singing, "All I want for Christmas is ... a toothbrush." Really? Great! That saves my Santa's budget.

He also turned to me in the check out line and said, "Mom, that girl is really pretty." I'm telling ya, this kid keeps me smiling.

No comments: