9.12.2011

she says, he says

Having a toddler sure does help you to recognize what words you use most often. I have been embarrassed several times by what he says because you know he must have learned it in our home. It also just makes me laugh, a lot. I love when he uses words out of context or makes up his own words.

While working on the ABC's once Ezra said, "That's a "P". Oops, I said potty talk. I'm so sorry." He often says, "Oh poopy. Oops, dats potty talk. I didn't mean to say potty talk. Poopy butt. Oops."

Ever since I had a talk with him about using the word "stupid" he has been so sensitive to the word. He hears it any time someone around him says it. He gives a look and then says, "we don't say dat word." It really embarrasses me sometimes.

At least a couple times a day this is what Ezra asks me: "Are you frustrated at me? Are you sad at me? Are you happy at me?" It really upsets him if I am anything but happy "at" him.

It seems like I am constantly fighting with him over something (usually to get dressed). I do feel like a nag. He gets upset and says, "Just chill out. You're giving me a headache." Once he said, "Don't freak out mom."

He asked me if he could watch a show with me the other day. He said, "let's watch 'Holly Pregnant'." I was like, "hmmm, never heard of it." I was wondering what shows he's been watching with his dad. I finally figured it out and said, "Oh, you mean ' Home Improvement'?"

During their bath one night Makai was playing with the jets in the tub. Being a protective (or perhaps bossy) brother, Ezra quickly pulled his hand out and then had a talk with him about how dangerous that was and how he could get a big owie.

He always says things like, "that's fantastic!" If I ask him if he wants something, like dinner, he usually responds with, "oh no, I'm fine." Then he sometimes follows that with, "Juuuust kidding".

We were walking through the store the other day and Ezra kept telling me that everything was too expensive. It sure did embarrass me because I realized I must say that a lot.

Earlier today we were reading like a bazillion books and after each one Ezra would close it and say, "wow. what a great story."





Even if he repeats our 'little talks' or 'lessons' in the wrong place, wrong time, maybe wrong context, I can't help but smile. He helps me to learn to watch what I say and also to take extra time with our talks because he has proven that he does listen and learn from them. And I cherish those 'little talks' he gives me in return.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

hahah i LOVE this. So cute. "Just chill out. You're giving me a headache" ahha! So funny. Thanks for sharing :)

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

I love Ez stories!! Yesterday Caity said, "Mom- Ezra moved. So now I am going to be friends with Ezra's mom. She has the longest hair I know!" Miss you!

Caley said...

hahahaha he's adorable! i was laughing out loud while reading this! don't hesitate to share more ezra-moments! miss you guys!

Ian Sorensen said...

Ditto on the laughing out loud! I made Ian listen while I read it out loud too. Last night when we told Atley it was time for bed and he said "um, I don't sink so. I'm busy. We have to be patient!" they are such a crack up at this age. Glad to hear Ezra hasn't lst his charm!

Jeremy,Jennie said...

"Just chill out. You're giving me a headache." Bahahaha!!!! He cracks me up!!! Seriously, those little people are just little sponges, aren't they?! Loved this post!! Ezra is looking so much older, and he's such a handsome little man!!

Jeremy,Jennie said...

"Just chill out. You're giving me a headache." Bahahaha!!!! He cracks me up!!! Seriously, those little people are just little sponges, aren't they?! Loved this post!! Ezra is looking so much older, and he's such a handsome little man!!

kelsey said...

Along with everyone else, the "You're giving me a headache" line made me pee a little, I laughed so hard. Ah, they are great, aren't they? Just picking up all those things we say. I hate it, too. Then I am just reminded to try and do better. You win some, you lose some! I can't believe how big he is. Wasn't he just a tiny baby in our parenting class?!?!?! CRAWLING around? Strange.