Big Mak is ONE today. It's really hard to believe. It seems like the one year mark crept on me a bit, but I guess that's how it always seems. He's a sweet baby. He lights up our days.
Here's a little about our babe:
His hair is long. I planned on cutting it when he turned one, but I can't bring myself to cut off his curls in the back. My mother-in-law also told me she wasn't going to let me cut his hair, so that just justifies his girly do even more.
He's very expressive. He has the most entertaining faces. He also really enjoys playing with Ezra. They like to sit down and share popsicles, or cookies. They hold hands. They climb on each other. They play with trains and cars. They make each other cry and they make each other laugh. It's adorable.
His favorite activities lately are cleaning, crawling, dancing (or bouncing really), eating, and climbing.
He only started crawling when he was about 10 1/2 months old and isn't walking yet. He really doesn't even seem close. It's a little strange because Ezra was walking before Makai was even crawling at the same age. I don't mind; the second they start walking they get into more trouble and they seem so much more grown up. He doesn't laugh much, but he smiles and giggle-grunts all the time.
He is always doing cute things (as all babies do, right?). He loves to play with his voice. He's still nursing and I don't really see an end to that as of now. He can't stay away from the stairs, but thankfully has only fallen down them once (sad, horribly sad, but he was fine). He's a definite daddy's boy. He loves mommy, but if he's fed and sees his daddy, all he wants is James. James loves it. He absolutely hates being left alone and still cries in the middle of the night often.
He goes berserk over sweets and screams if you either don't share fast enough, or finish it. He loves splashing in the water. He doesn't have much fear. He enjoys when I sing to him. He would be content being held all day long. He's extremely schedule oriented. He's my special little dude and I still can't stop squishing all his cheeks. We are so blessed to have him.
Happy 1st Birthday Makai. We love you.
(I will post some messy cake face pics soon.)






2 comments:
I thought of him today, since we share a birthday! I can't believe you had him a year ago--- that's crazy. Weren't we just pregnant together, trying to make it through graduation?!?! I love his dimples, and all those darling expressions.
He is such a cute little guy! I can hardly believe he is a year old already! I am so excited that you will all be here next week! I Love you all so much, and hate that I don't get to see you all more often.
Post a Comment