6.09.2011

Poopy Trained!

I can finally say that Ezra is poopy trained! When we started potty training, I thought it was a breeze. He caught on fast. I even said, "I don't know why parents always act like it's such a stressful thing." Then he took several steps back and refused to poop on the potty. He has been pee trained for a couple of months now, but the poop was a problem. He would poop in his underwear EVERY day. I didn't think he'd ever be completely potty trained.
 Until about two weeks ago James held him down (screaming) on the potty and the poop plopped in. It was traumatic, but he got many prizes afterwards. I may have even teared up a little because I was so proud. Ever since he hasn't had any problem. He gets excited and proud of himself and loves to say, "bye pee-pee! bye poopies!" when he flushes them away.


It's so exciting to not have to buy diapers or pull-ups any more!

And I just love that little bum in little boy underwear!
What?
 I'm a mom, we like our kids bums. It's not weird.

Here's my two cents: They'll do it when they're ready. AND it's not a race.

Congrats little Ez Man! We're proud of you.

3 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

That's my little poop-er! Go Ezra! :0)

Katie R said...

Yay! I hope he keeps it up! And I wonder why he was so reluctant to actually poop on the toilet...

Grandma Lene said...

Gramma Lene says YEA and she will have to take him out for something special when she comes out next.