6.09.2011

Swing and a Miss

We're in limbo and my back is starting to ache.
We live in a college town and yet we are both done with school.
We applied for a job on campus that we totally got our hopes up for. James seriously would be perfect for it. We convinced ourselves that we would like to stay for awhile. It seemed like most of our problems would be solved with getting this job and we have been so excited.
Welp... we got a "you're great, just not the greatest" e-mail today. He didn't even get an interview. It's so hard not to feel discouraged.
We feel trapped, but if we leave, what are we going to find on the other side?
I see so many of our friends getting great jobs. They're leaving Idaho and moving on to bigger and better things. I have friends moving all over the country for grad school or air force positions or other government training thingys and all sorts of grown-up jobs. I guess I'm just wondering when that'll be us.
I want to go back to school so badly. I have already thought of an idea for my thesis paper.
James loves his job here. It's a really great job for him and it provides for our family, but we feel like we're getting left behind when it comes to other opportunities.

How do you force yourself to fit in in a place where you just don't fit in any more? We just feel a little defeated and are (at least I am) struggling to stand up again.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so sorry. I wish I could say more, but really...sometimes life just gets to ya and it's hard not to feel defeated. I totally understand the getting left behind thing, just in other areas of life. It sucks. Just keep truckin and your turn will come. Sending good thoughts your way!!!

kelsey said...

I thought you said you were moving this summer? What happened with that? Also, I hear ya. Even though Jake hasn't graduated yet, we feel the same way. After coming back to school when we thought we were done 4 years ago, we are just in that "we're older than everyone else, but the people our age have real jobs" phase!!! Ugh. Well hopefully you will be around in the fall so I have a friend! We can "wait it out" together!