5.06.2011

The Wind

Ezra absolutely hates the wind.
If we have the windows rolled down even just a little in the car he freaks out. He will scream bloody murder if it’s windy and I don’t run to get him in the car. We tried to go to the park the other day. It was a nice day, the sun was out and it was warmer than it has been. Within 30 seconds of being outside Ezra started screaming at the top of his lungs and saying, “I want to go home. I don’t like da wind!!!” It’s not cute. I really like the wind. I love having the windows down, I love feeling the breeze blow through my hair.
Here's Ezra thoroughly enjoying being outside and riding his bike (which he can now do unbeknown to me, so I now owe James $40):


And then the wind started a-blowin':

I don’t know where he got his sensitivity to wind, but I hope it doesn’t last. He did tell me once that he was scared that it would blow him away. Other times he laughs at how funny my hair looks when it sticks straight up. But mostly he just screams. Lately he's been telling me he likes the wind, so we can go ride his bike. Then when we're outside his reaction is always the same. I guess that’s one more thing to add to our list of reasons to leave Idaho; it’s always windy. Therefore, my kid is always screaming.

1 comment:

Katherine Johnston said...

That's like Lily is with bugs. She freaks out if one lands on her!