Usually when I ask Ezra if he needs to go potty this is his response: “uh, no”. I’m smart enough to know he is too young to be trying to dance like Michael Jackson during playtime, so there could only be one other cause for his wiggles. Then I usually say, “Umm, well let’s just try, okay?” Then we venture to the bathroom. Upon sitting on the toilet this is what Ezra tells me all the time: “So, mom… I
do need to go potty.” Good thing I know his dances.
Ezra likes to interrogate me while I’m using the restroom. Here was our conversation the other night:
Ezra: Are you going pee?
Me: (reply removed for T.M.I reasons)
Ezra: Are you going poop?
Me: No.
Ezra: Oh, are you going pee again?
Me: No.
Ezra: Oh, you just peed a lot?
Me: (reply removed for T.M.I reasons)
Ezra: Good job. But, uh, mom, when you go pee and poop, you can’t have my toys. That’s for when my go pee and poop on da potty. Sorry.
I didn’t have the heart to tell him that there isn’t anyone to reward bowel movements when you’re my age, so I’m used to not getting “potty prizes”. I think it would’ve been the end of all things “Santa”.
I love my loony little Ez.

Speaking of potty training... Ezra does great with #1, but not so much with #2. He wears underwear now, so it makes that #2 clean-up an extra messy job. He fills his underwear about once a day. He'll run and hide. If I catch him he'll just hold it all day, but I don't always catch him in time. Any suggestions? Do I need to just wait it out? He's not interested in sweets, toys, playing the wii, watching movies, etc. as a reward and so far the ice cold buckets of water I splash on his bum right after #2 isn't motivation to use the potty either. Call me evil, whatev. This morning James tried telling him that there was a poop monster who was going to come get him if he kept pooping in his pants. (He also told him that dogs, which he is afraid of, like to eat poop and that a dog was going to come eat his bum.) Uh, it scared him, but I'm not expecting any exciting success results. He did so well when we first started potty training. I should have known it was too good to be true. I'm at a stalemate thus far, I'm afraid.
2 comments:
How old is he? I wanted Izzy potty trained a LONG time ago, but she's still not. First, she didn't want to use the potty because her little sister wasn't old enough. If Gabby got a diaper, she wanted one too. Then, they didn't want to work on potty training at the daycare yet. Now, she just doesn't really try. Sometimes we bribe her with change; she likes to put it in the piggy bank. But she usually says no and has a temper tantrum if we try to get her to use the potty (and she's 3 and 1/2).
Perseverance Kayleen. It will happen!
Post a Comment