5.16.2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

A couple weeks ago one of my old roommates got married. James wasn't able to make it, but it has been 3 years since I've seen her, so I wasn't going to miss it. The boys and I packed up the car and headed to Salt Lake for the night.
The drive there was fine. Then we went shopping. I almost lost Ezra for the first time, got lost finding parking and ended up being two hours too early, even after wasting time shopping. Then Ezra pooped his pants, spilled water all over the table the second we got into the room and kept falling off his chair. He and Makai kept grabbing everything on the fancy table. The people we were sitting with weren't married and knew the groom, so I kind of felt like a loser. Then Ezzy wouldn't eat his food, so I kept nagging him to eat, so he shoved all his food in his mouth at once and threw up all over himself and the table. After stripping him down to his underwear, we went back to say good-bye and he kept screaming. Then while leaving the parking garage I lost my parking ticket, so I held up traffic while I threw all the contents of my diaper bag on the floor and still didn't find it. That's when I cried. Then I missed the exit trying to find my sister-in-laws. Once we finally got there, I vented a little and went straight to bed. Probably never going to a fancy dinner by myself with two babies again!

This is where she was married.


Even after everything that went wrong, I am glad I was able to see my friend. I sadly didn't get any pictures of her :( So I STOLE this one off of facebook.
(Photo taken by Parker Welch)

 She looked like the most beautiful bride I have ever seen too. If I had to, I would do it all over again just to see her one more time. She is just one of those friends who is totally worth it.

Not to mention that I just really love weddings. James and I went to one of his friends weddings awhile back. I didn't know the bride or the groom and I still cried. I was so embarrassed. Weddings, births, chocolate ... they all get me tearing up.

4 comments:

Katie R said...

Aw, I'm sorry you had such a rough time. But I'm so glad that you got to go to your friend's wedding! If you come to Kylie's wedding (which I really hope you do!) I'll try and help out with the boys and it's partially outside! :)

kelsey said...

Kudos to you, I don't think I would have even attempted it. And yes, chocolate is definitely a reason to cry. Lol.
When are you guys moving?

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

So I feel really bad for you because I would have just died, but at some point in your blog I laughed! I am sorry, I know it is probably mean- but I wasn't laughing at you, I just was in shock so many things could go wrong in one night...I think it was when Ezra started shoving food in his mouth because I knew where we were going with that- and just thought- are you kidding me?? Poor Kayleen! But you did it, and you are alive! Thanks for sharing. And you fried is beautiful. And I kind of love that you cry over chocolate. ;-)

Sadie Olson said...

Aw Kayleen I'm so glad you came all that way for my wedding!! I'm sorry it has been so long since I've seen you, but it was soooo good to finally see you again and meet your boys :) I loved it! They are two of the most adorable little kids-hands down!! You are such a cute and amazing mommy and a wonderful friend to make the drive down by yourself with two little kids. I still can't believe you did it alone-you're amazing-seriously. I'm sorry you had a rough time at the dinner, but just so you know, everybody has been telling me about these two cute boys at the wedding :) thank you again for coming!!!!!!! I loved seeing you!!!!!