5.17.2011

Losing Ella

When I was 19 I met a family that probably had the greatest effect on my life other than my own. They showed me what marriage can be and how a life filled with the Spirit in every moment is possible. They took me in and loved me as one of their own. They spent their days always in the service of others. One of the daughters, Dacia, was a role model to me. She is always happy and involves herself completely in her family. I haven't seen them in years, but I have always had a great love and admiration for them that I think will stay with me forever. To me, they will always be family.

Last night Dacia's husband and her daughter Ella were in a car accident. Her husband was greatly injured. Ella was killed. I never met her, but because of my love for this family, I loved her. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child. What I can imagine of it is the most painful feeling. I am so saddened for this poor, sweet family. Ella was their only girl. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father was surely there to welcome her into his arms and to hold her. I pray that He will also be there to hold her family through this tragic time.

4 comments:

Caley said...

That's so sad. I'll keep them in my prayers too! Miss you Kayleen!c

Katherine Johnston said...

I was really sorry to hear this news Kayleen. I too will say a prayer for their family. I couldn't even imagine losing a child, at any age, but most especially so very young.

Jeremy,Jennie said...

Oh my goodness, how terrible. I just want to cry for that mom....no, sob for her. Thank goodness for the beautiful Gospel in our lives!!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

So hard, I can't even imagine. Makes me just want to hold my little ones and give them all my love- You are in my thoughts.