5.02.2011

Choose the Right

Ezra is really into bracelets lately. He calls them “wrists”. He got one from a 25cent machine awhile back and loved it.


He has started saying “stupid” a lot. I don’t use that word and I don’t recall James using it, so I was concerned about where he had learned it. He later told me it was from Despicable Me. I told him it isn’t a nice word and we shouldn’t say it. Of course he asked “why?” I told him that it hurts my ears and makes people sad.


So, for Easter I got him a “Choose the Right” wristband. I told him that it was a reminder to him to make good choices. He loved it. He said, “when my choose da right, mommy can be happy and daddy be happy and Makai be happy and EZRA be happy!” He then said, “That’s stupid. Oh. Sorry mommy. I choose da right.” And he gave me a hug and said, “Are you happy?” He then told me that he likes to choose the right. “When my choose da right, I can be happy. But sometimes I like to choose da left.”

While driving around Salt Lake this past Saturday I was using my handy dandy GPS. The voice kept saying, “Turn right.” Ezra got so excited and said, “Choose da right mommy!” The GPS would then say to turn right again. Ezra said, “Choose da right AGAIN? Oh okay.” As frustrated as I was to be driving in circles in Salt Lake, I couldn’t stop giggling at my little Ez in the back seat showing me that he does sort of listen when I talk to him.

2 comments:

Kami said...

So cute! I hope he didn't learn stupid from Paden... that's one that Paden definitely says on occasion. We try to get him to not say it about people, but it's still not a very nice word :( Paden always talks about choosing the right too, so maybe they can help each other remember!

Daniel and Lisa said...

That's adorable! Moments like these are precious, when you know they some-what understand what you're teaching them. I love it! Thanks for sharing!