(I'm already falling behind on the 30 day photo challenge! How embarrassing!)
Day 5: Mom
This is my mom. She's my biggest fan. She thinks I'm funny and that makes me even funnier. If you see me with my mom, you'll see what a goof I really am. We used to stay up late watching Rescue 911 together. She'd twist my hair around my ears and let me bite her hand as hard as I could. (Why did I enjoy that? No idea.) We also had some good times when I'd get home from kindergarten. She'd make us some mac-n-cheese and we'd talk for a bit. She's a crafty lady. She can make the coolest gingerbread houses and homemade Easter baskets. She can do just about anything she sets out to do. One thing I know about my mom, and knew even during my trying teenage anti-parent years, is that my mom would do anything for me. I could ask her to stay up all night to help me with a project and she'd do it. There's nothing that brings her more joy than being a mother and I love that. Love you mom.
Day 6: Dad
I'm a daddy's girl. There's nothing like snuggling up to a comfy, loving daddy and watching movies that I don't understand while he strokes my hair and instantly begins to snore. He was always a fun dad. He would come out and play all the time. He was ready and willing to take me to any daddy daughter event. I especially loved our daddy daughter dates. He's a hard worker. He's always got some kind of project going on. He's also very smart. He's a computer guy. He likes to build computers and just about anything else. If he ever comes to a problem, he works and works until he can get through it; he never gives up. He is so supportive of me and trusts my instincts. He's also a bit of a softy. All it took was, "look at how cute this shirt is daddy" and it was mine. I really didn't abuse this, I just appreciate it in retrospect. He also has a great laugh. His jokes are sometimes over my head and very corny, but I just have to wait for him to laugh and then I can't help but join in because it's so contagious. I love talking with him and learning from his life experiences. Love you dad!


1 comment:
Oh I loved meeting your rents! They seems like pretty awesome people- what a sweet post. (I especially like 'em because they raised you and I don't know where I would be without Kayleen.)
Post a Comment