3.26.2011

Day 26: Ezra Says

I love hearing all the things Ezra says. It cracks me up when he talks like a grown up. It's one of the best things about his age right now. I really should sit down each day and write a list of the things he said that day.

Last night he came to me with an arm literally full of books. He said, "look mom, I carry all da books." I said, "oh, wow, you did." He said, "see, it's magic."
The other day he said, "Daddy, my fuss-trated." We couldn't help but laugh because he was too cute.

Just when I think we're going to have to spend about 30 more Family Nights talking about something, he starts showing me that he gets it. Like yesterday he saw a picture of himself crying and said, "oh, when I choose da right, I can be happy, not sad."

Every time James has to go to work or I have to go somewhere he says, "Can you be right back?" Sometimes he asks James why he has to go to work and we always say, "to make money so you can get toys." Lately James has started telling him it's so he can make money so we have a house to live in. Ezra has been coming up to me saying, "daddy making money's so we can have house." He also says, "When my big, I make money's like daddy!" And yesterday he said, "mommy, you make money's like daddy?" I said, "no baby, I get to stay home and take care of my boys." He put his arms around and hugged me. Best money-less job ever.

Are you easily uncomfortable? Then STOP READING. I just had to post this for memory's sake according to James.
I gave Makai a bath and Ezra said, "oh, he have these like me." He was pointing to his nipples. I told him they were called nipples (is there another word for them? It's not my favorite word.) He then said, "and daddy have nipples too." I said yes and then stupidly responded with, "and mommy does too." Ezra said, "oh, yes, big BIG nipples." How embarrassing.

5 comments:

Grandma Lene said...

I love your daily posts. Are you going to stop at the end of the month. Please keep posting, I love them and it makes Grandma Lene's day when she read about her darling grandsons. Love you guys.

Katherine Johnston said...

Ditto to what Grandma Lene says. Nana loves to read these posts too. It helps us to feel a little closer to our sweet grandkids. Love you so much!

Jenn and Kylann said...

Oh how I wish Chase was talking better. :o( Can't wait to see those boys in a few months.

Danielle said...

HA! That last one was funny.

I love kids that age and the things they say! So fun.

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

HAHA...I literally laughed outloud.