This was my favorite car. Well, next to my Passat, but I only had that for a couple of months before James made me sell it.
Her name was Daisy Dash:
She was a graduation present from my parents (though I was paying them monthly for it.) I had her for a little over a year and then this happened...
I was driving home at 2 in the morning and a deer ran in front of me. I swerved. We rolled. She died. I was fine. I'm still traumatized. I have severe anxiety in the car, especially at night. I see animals all over the road that aren't really there. It was terrifying and I just can't get over it. It was July 2006, you'd think I'd be over it. James is sensitive to my paranoia, so we try to avoid driving at night when we can. And that was the end of my favorite car. I'm hoping to get another rav4 someday, but I'm thinking my family wouldn't fit in it, so I might be a minivan driver. That's okay with me.
3 comments:
oh that's so sad!! you know we hit a deer in our Rav4 too. i miss it so much. we want to get one someday soon too! we're too much alike, you and i. ;)
I still can't believe that happened. I'm just really glad you didn't get hurt. I don't know what I'd do without my sister. You were so lucky!
That was one of the most terrifying nights of my life too. I realized that night that at any given moment, someone I love could be taken from me in the blink of an eye. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father saved you that night. I don't think I could live without my baby girl. I love you!
Post a Comment