3.16.2011

Day 16: Arctic Circle Date

We went to the park today. Two of my neighbors were taking their kids and invited us along. After a long, brisk walk there I realized they were nuts and so was I. Actually, their kids were doing great and loved being outside. I'm not so good with being cold. Ezra's not either. Makai is too laid back to agree, but I'm pretty sure by the way he kept trying to catch his breath that he was cold too. We were there only a couple of minutes when Ezra went down the slide and right when he got to the bottom I saw a waterfall pour off the edge. He was very wet and very cold, so that crazy adventure of trying to get my kids out of the house ended very quickly. We came home and changed Ezra's clothes and then he was ready to go back outside. I, however, was not. So we compromised. Arctic Circle play area. I think I'll stay inside until all the snow has melted. 

I love going on dates with my boys. Makai is so calm-natured that I can talk to him about anything. He's a great listener. Ezra is such a silly goose that there is never a dull moment or awkward silence. I open all the doors, pull out the chairs and pay for the dates, but I don't even mind with these two. James is still my favorite date, but the Tressler Boys are the next best.

I told Ezra to be careful when he was playing on the stairs in the play area. His response was, "Why cause mom?" I said, "Because I love you and I want you to be safe and not get hurt." He replied, "oh, okay mom, I'll be careful."

He also may or may not be wearing a collared shirt backwards and his shoes may or may not be on the wrong feet. I love his style. The girls next to us whispered to each other and then looked at him and laughed. They didn't whisper very quietly, so I knew why they were laughing. That just made me want to turn his pants inside out and put those on backwards too. "Mind yo' business. He's got swagger and your just jealous your kids aren't as cool."

2 comments:

Ian Sorensen said...

Sorry we couldn't join you. It looks like it was a lot of fun! Let's do it together soon. Atley asks me for french fries everyday and I've run out of the frozen ones. Temper tantrum major.

Amy said...

Kayleen I have loved reading your posts. I have come to realize a few things about you. you are a good writter, an incredibel mother, a sweet wife and absolutely stunning! my brother is so lucky to have won your heart.