The day Makai was born is definitely at the list of my favorite days. Not only did James and I get a beautiful, huge baby, we also watched Ezra get a brother. My family felt a little closer to complete when Makai came to us. As hard as it was for me to adjust to having two children, it has been equally rewarding. Makai brings us all so much joy. Ezra thinks he's so funny and James and I can't stop kissing him.

He was so blue and swollen the day he was born because of his traumatic delivery. He stopped breathing when the nurse was bathing him. From then on we were afraid to put him down because we couldn't tell if he was blue from birth or from not breathing. Obviously all turned out well. I just love him so much.

This is one of my favorite memories from that day. I was so happy to see Ezra and introduce him to his new brother. It was the first time I had ever been away from Ezra overnight. I cried when he left and made my mom bring him back to say goodnight to me. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to love another child as much as I loved Ezra. Then I had Makai and not only did I immediately love another child so deeply, but simultaneously, my love for Ezra grew as well.
2 comments:
That second picture just captures the moment so well! I love it, so cute. You are such a sweet mom- i'm glad we're friends.
That's so sweet! So so sweet.
Post a Comment