Since my last post seemed a little down I wanted to post to let everyone know that there are still very many things that make me smile each day. My goober husband and adorable son are at the top of the list. We've been enjoying this summer so much. Here are some of the things we have been up to:
(We went camping in Jackson Hole with our friends the Williamson's. Here James is teaching Mr. Ezra how to play with fire.)
(I could just eat that face!!!)
Ezra also started swim lessons this month. Since my bathing suit is very tight and my belly is very big, I decided to make James get in with him. They both have been having a blast! Ezra is a little afraid of the water, but daddy makes it so fun and he loves to play all the games.
(Here he is learning to swim to the side to climb out.)
(Here he is learning to kick while swimming after balls.)
(He is learning to keep his balance so he can swim alone with a floatation device. He is also learning how to shuffle along the side and blow bubbles so he doesn't swallow the water.)
(Here are Ezra and James waiting in line to go go-karting! I have actually taken Ezra a couple times before just he and I, but this was the first time for James, so they were both super excited.)
(James said Ezra kept laughing and got really excited when someone would pass them and Daddy would make a big deal about it. James says they got the slowest kart, but I am very grateful for that because let's be honest, Ezra is only 2!)
(We also went on the bumper boats. There was no one else in line, so I told James I would go too if he promised to be nice and not put me into labor. Ezra loved bumping into mommy. He couldn't stop laughing.)
We have also been enjoying beautiful Rexburg weather. Ezra and I go on walks everyday. He has started asking to go in the car every time we go out. James thinks he just likes getting places faster. I guess it is hard to know you're going to the water, but to have to wait for mommy to waddle across town to get there...
(Since we started going to a family ward we are now close enough to walk to church every Sunday. Here are my handsomes on our way to church.)
(This is Egin lake which is right by the sand dunes. It's a fun lake that doesn't get more than a few feet deep, so you can walk through the entire lake! It's really fun and relaxing. James kept telling me it wasn't very deep, but I came away from our lake walk with very wet capri's.)
(Ezra mostly enjoyed diggin the sand and throwing it. He loves water, but mostly to look at and drink.)
(Can you tell what this is? Well, if you can, please let us know. James sculpted something and we still don't know what it is. All I can identify is a very voluptuous tush.)
(This is Ezra during one of our cross-town adventures to the park. He loves to pick up the bark and make it "rain" into his bucket. He's such a boy and so fun these days.)
(And of course the famous Rexburg splash park... We walk in the morning, stay all morning and head home for nap time while the sun dries Ezra's suit and he takes a snooze through town.)
(This is Ezra right before he dumped a bucket of water at my feet. We have to bring the bucket everytime because it distracts him from how cold the water is.)
We have also been enjoying daily lunch at the park, carousel rides, ice cream trips, bubbles, chalk drawings, campfires, fireworks, the rodeo, the music festival, the parade, the duck pond and the river. We are outside most of the day everyday which keeps Ezra and I both distracted from his tantrums and we have been having a great time spending every minute together before this baby comes. Tough days still come and go, but Mr. Ezra and my dear husband give me so many reasons to smile and be happy. When I'm not, Ezra is always there ready to run to the bathroom to get me a tissue and James is always ready to massage my aching feet. I love my boys; even little Boy Tressler in my tum :)
Oh, AND... We have finally switched Ezra to cows milk instead of soy and he has been doing great! So exciting! James is really happy to have whole milk in the house right now too. I keep telling him it's Ezra's milk, but he just isn't such a fan of my skim. Does any one else think it is a little ridiculous to buy 3 different kinds of milk for your family of 3?















3 comments:
I love the pictures and all of your summer fun. Keep them coming. Love you guys.
This makes me miss Rexburg so much! I'm glad you're having fun, and for my part second pregnancy is just rough, so it's okay to feel down sometimes. We buy three types of milk too, but instead of soy it's chocolate--not weird at all :)
Don't you mean Vitamin D milk. :o) JK! You should have just had WIC change the soy milk you were getting over to whole awhile ago. Especially since you weren't getting the kind they give you. That way, James could have had his whole milk. Kylann was excited when we started getting whole too. He hates anything less, but he'll drink it. They just switched us over to 1% and skim for Chase. I didn't know they did that once they turned two. So Kylann is now drinking 1% again. We are still buying whole milk for Chase because I think he still needs it.
I'm jealous you went camping. We haven't been camping in a long time. And we haven't been with Chase yet. We might be going to Northern Utah at the end of August for the Penrod reunion, but we'll see. We're trying to save up some money for it. If we do, hopefully we can stop in Idaho and I can meet my new little nephew. Then Ezra can play with Chase! :o) I miss you sister. Glad your summer is going so well. We haven't been outside much because it's so hot out. Wish we lived closer. Love you!
Post a Comment