6.24.2010

Pregnancy Update

I haven't written much about this pregnancy, so I better say something to have on record even just for myself. I have been measuring big since my 20 week appointment; but it seems like I'm measuring bigger each appt. My diabetes test was great and my blood pressure has always been good, so diabetes and preeclampsia weren't a cause for concern. I have been up to a month ahead, so they decided to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay. Well, at my ultrasound appt. she said I was measuring 38 weeks (I was actually only 33 weeks at the appt.). When she checked the baby she said he was measuring about 2 weeks ahead and that she thinks they have been measuring me wrong because my uterus was lower than she thought. All in all, she said no cause for alarm. I will probably just have a big baby. I might have to be induced early, but I'm hoping that if anything happens early it'll be on the baby's terms.

I do look huge though. People keep saying, "wow, you look like you're going to be done any day now!" I politely smile and say, "any day or two more months. I'd prefer to wait."

(notice my huge arms? How embarrassing!)

How am I feeling? Well, tired. Most of the time I'm okay, just tired, but there are moments throughout each day where I feel nauseas or have a splitting headache or I just don't think I can handle one more tantrum. I have been impatient and sad and that just makes me even more impatient and sad. Heartburn plagues me every day almost all day. I wake up to go to the bathroom 3-5 times a night, my back is killing me, everything looks swollen and I don't feel very pretty ever. James says he remembers all this when I was pregnant with Ezra, but when you're in the middle of it, it's hard to imagine ever feeling normal again. Pregnancy is hard, but I'm not saying I won't do it again as many more times as we are asked to. There is nothing like feeling that tiny baby move around inside of me; part of me, but an individual too. It's the best part if you ask me.

Someone asked me yesterday if I'm ready to have another one. If he had asked me even the day before I probably would've said no, but I am starting to feel anxious and excited for our little one to join our family. I'll be sadly honest, it has taken me a very long time to feel excited about having another baby. I wanted one and we felt like it was the right time, but I have been feeling so sad about losing my buddy-time with Ezra that it has made it hard to be positive. I feel like this pregnancy has drained the life out of me, so it has been hard to imagine having the energy to take care of a crazy toddler and a needy newborn, but I have faith that I can handle it.

We are having a hard time deciding on a name. My friend Kelsey just blogged about how she and her husband agree on names 100% of the time. I just had to laugh because it seems like James and I disagree on names 100% of the time. Maybe I should rephrase that... James hates any name I spout out at him 100% of the time. Ezra calls him "boy" and that works for now. He also watched him moving for the first time today and now he won't stop lifting up my shirt to see him move again. As hard as this pregnancy has been on me, I am getting so excited for him to come, so I really shouldn't be complaining. I couldn't be more excited about having another boy right now too. At first I wanted a girl, but I've gotten used to the idea of having two boys and now I just can't wait!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow- you are super cute! And you're crazy- you're arms look great! That is pretty interesting about how ahead you are...I wonder if they just estimated the due date wrong? Who knows! All I know is I love big babies. I think they are cuter like that:) Good luck...sorry you're so uncomfortable and stuff!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Oh I wish I could have seen you yesterday but I had work! you are such a great mom and "boy" is so blessed he is coming to your home!

grandma and grandpa w said...

I wish I wish you were closer so i could pamper you and rub your feet when they hurt. We are looking forward to the new baby also. Number twelve and counting. Keep posting those pictures it makes grandma happy.

Michaela said...

Good luck with choosing a name! Jordan and I have a hard time agreeing on names also. That's funny how different your measurements are! Did they keep your due date the same? Well, good luck with everything - you look fantastic!!

Cory & Kimmy said...

Wow, you do look big, and don't worry, your arms definitely don't! I hated when people said I looked huge and was ready to pop with a month or more to go. But looking back at pictures I guess I was really big. Good luck with the rest of pregnancy. Two boys will be a lot of fun and it is worth it in the end. It's just hard to see it while you are pregnant. haha. Love you!

Jenn and Kylann said...

Come on Sis! You are NOT big at all! Did you see that last picture of me when I was prego with Kyler? Not to mention how huge I was with Chase. I gained 70lbs with Chase and about 60lbs with Kyler, I think I got you beat, girl! You look adorable! Plus, if it makes you feel any better, I've been told by many people that you usually look bigger with the second kid. I wouldn't trust the measurements either. They are never accurate! I can't wait to meet my little nephew! I just hope it's not when he's almost two! :o( Maybe I'll try and make a trip out there if Southwest has anymore deals. Love you lots sister!

Sheila said...

Kayleen, you are so freakin cute! I miss you. And I admire the strength you have to keep doing stuff with Ezra - I was a horrible pregnant lady. You are such an amazing mom. I hope I can be a little bit more like you someday. Keep posting stuff! And I hope to see you soon! :)

kelsey said...

did i write this post? ha. i hear you. the heart burn is hitting me bad this past week, and it's all down hill from here i'm afraid! lol.

sorry about the name thing. if i had any suggestions, i would tell you, but boy names are so much harder for me.

at least you got another ultrasound, that's always a bonus to see the baby again. keep updating!!!

Amanda said...

How funny that you are measuring so far ahead, hopefully he will come sooner than later, so you don't get too uncomfortable. I think you look GREAT though, I was definitely bigger with Adam than Katherine, so maybe it is a 2nd time around thing. Good luck picking a name- boy names are hard! Love you!