Ezra is no longer in a crib. It was a sad transition for me. Since getting rid of the mimi, he would not stay in the crib so we figured it was time to get him a big boy bed. He has also been having such a hard time sleeping anywhere, so I wanted it to be a fun and exciting transition for him. We found a Thomas the Train bed on craigslist and I just had to get it for him. Ezra didn't really know who Thomas the Train was, but now he loves Thomas! He is always asking for "Thomas" and he has a newly developed fascination with trains right now. When we went to look at the bed he was so excited. He ran up to it and gave Thomas "nosies". You can probably figure out what that means... He loves his new bed! Now the challenge is getting him to sleep in it.
The first couple of weeks I was still finding him on the floor in the hallway several times during the night. I would pick him up and put him back in his bed and then within an hour and a half he'd be right back in the hall. I started leaving the living room light on and that seems to keep him in his room, but I was still finding him on the floor sleeping. I continued my routine of picking him up and putting him back and then I finally decided to just leave him there one night. Since then (only the past two nights) he has been sleeping in his bed. I haven't found him on the floor!! However, bedtime takes about 1.5-2.5 hours each night and then he is up usually by 7 which is too early for me. I was used to his bedtime of 8:30pm and waking up at 9am or later :( Who knew that saying farewell to mimi and his crib would mean no more sleep for Ezra or mommy? Oh well. I think he is starting to adjust and he loves when we call him a big boy, so that makes it all worth it.
In other news... James got a new job at Walmart and has been in training for the past couple of weeks. So far so good, but he is nervous about being good at it. I think he'd be good at anything he put his mind to, so I'm not worried. Yesterday was his day off, so he and I took Ezra to the zoo. We started with the ducks. Ezra really enjoyed throwing food at them, but when we tried to get him to feed the goats out of his hand, he was not interested. He loved all the animals, but he especially loved the ones that didn't move. He went around feeding all of them.
Then we took him to the mall and realized just how hard it is getting to take a toddler anywhere! We need to bring our leash everywhere we go or we might come home without a baby one of these days :( And trust me... as tough as the terrible twos have been so far, we still really like Ezra and he still manages to squeeze in moments of pure parenthood joy in between those tantrums and violent outbreaks.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!







4 comments:
i had to laugh because i JUST posted about not wanting to put norah in a bed yet! ha. she climbed out of her crib today and i am just not ready to make that transition.
i hope you're feeling okay and getting ready for this new baby, it's coming FAST!!! agh.
hah. Oh dear. Sounds like fun! That bed is just adorable! No wonder you couldn't resist buying it! I'm sure he'll get used to it eventually. I've heard lots of kids that age taking a while to transition. Good luck!
He looks so grown up! Caity is sleeping in her "big girl bed" and about an hour after she goes to bed I have to go in there and pick up all the toys off her bed, she is a little hoarder. We need to hang out soon!
He is just to adorable. It makes me miss you all so. Remember we love you. Grandmalene
Post a Comment