7.20.2010

Ezra is 2!!

Ezra celebrated his 2nd birthday on Saturday the 17th! I can't believe my little guy is 2! We had a lot of fun celebrating, but I unfortunately am an airhead mom and didn't take any pictures!!

We had a birthday party for him on Thursday the 15th because we were going out of town for the weekend on Friday. It was a great turn out. We went to the park and just played some games and had some food and CAKE! We played silly toddler games like, "Who can make the biggest splash" the kids just through a rock into a bucket of water. I know, it sounds lame, but Ezra loves throwing rocks in water, so maybe it was cool for him. Then we threw water balloons mostly at the ground and a few at daddy. We also chased bubbles, played ring around the rosey and sang a couple of Ezra's favorite songs. Then the kids spent the rest of the time playing in the bucket of water and near the drinking fountain. We have some great friends out here and we are so thankful to everyone who came to support our little Ezra's 2nd birthday!

Then on Saturday we were in Pocatello visiting James' sisters. They were so nice about making Ezra's birthday fun for him by throwing a little party with all the cousins. He loved when we sang "happy birthday" and he really loved opening more presents! Then we had brownie trifold for our cake which was delish! Our family is really so cool! I certainly married into a good one.

On Monday we headed to Utah to meet up with my other sister-in-law and to spend the day at Cherry Hill. It was a really cute water park and it was a blast! I even went down the water slide like 100 times. Ezra could only handle it twice and then he was ready for the lazy river again which he just about fell asleep on. I'm sure people looked at me funny every time I got to the bottom of the slide, but the baby is safe, so no worries! One thing I wouldn't recommend during pregnancy however is to be in a bathing suit next to my three beautiful and skinny sisters-in-law. They have each had 2-4 kids and you would never be able to tell, grr!

Anyway, we are back home now and Ezra keeps saying "more happy birday" and "swimming"? It is really cute. I plan on posting soon to do a 2 year update on Ezra's latest within the week, so stay tuned Grandma's!!

3 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Oh my goodness, Kayleen! We are going to be living half a mile from that water park! That is so crazy! We had a blast there too, I didn't even think about you being pregnant going down the slide- you are so cool.

Danielle said...

Sounds like fun! I bet Ezra just had a blast- he must've cause he doesn't want his bday to end! You're a good momma.

kelsey said...

he's two? why did I think he was younger than that? oh wait, it's been MONTHS since I saw him! lol. weird. I'm glad the birthday was a success.

p.s. you are ridiculous. like you would ever have to worry about looking big next to ANYONE. sheesh.