7.28.2010

The Best Two Years

Here's the promised update on little Ez:

In my only slightly biased opinion Ezra is the best kid there ever was! He brings us so much joy. Every day he makes me smile and I love him more than I ever thought I could. I'm sure I am like every other mother who thinks that every little thing her child does is the funniest thing. I still make James come in to watch him with me while he sleeps and I am always telling him every little thing Ezra said that day that made me laugh.

(here James is stretching and squishing his face in ways that look painful, but Ezra couldn't stop laughing!)

Here's what he's been up to lately:

-He talks all the time and just started putting more than 3 words together.
-He still loves signing and has learned many new signs recently.
-He loves watching signing time.
-He has become obsessed with thomas the train and got his first train track for his birthday. He now wants to play with it for hours at a time.
-He is very active and has to run or jump everywhere he goes.
-People are commenting all the time on how much of a boy he is. He just loves guns, dinosaurs, monsters, cars, trains, rough play, swords, etc.
-He is still very tender hearted and sensitive and I think it's sweet.
-He has a great memory. He will point to a picture of his cousins and say their names when he hasn't seen them in weeks or months. I am just amazed all the time at the things he remembers and points out to me.
-His milk allergy is no longer a problem. He still has an allergy- I notice hives every now and then, but I think his body has built up a tolerance to it and he can finally have straight up cow's milk.
-He wants to know everything and is constantly asking, "what was that?"
-He is really getting the hang of his colors and shapes and can recognize maybe a 1/4 of his ABC's.
-He still loves dancing. He can shake his tail feather and pop-lock like no toddler I have ever seen before.
-He loves the itouch. It's a little embarrassing to me how well he can work it.
-He still gives kisses and hugs all the time. He kisses my tummy lots too.
-He comes up to me when he's tired and says "nuggles" and then he'll say, "yuv you mama" -melts my heart.
-He has finally gotten used to nursery and doesn't put up a fight any more. In fact, most of the time he gets excited when the closing prayer is said in sacrament meeting. He'll almost always shout, "Yay nursree!"
-As for sleeping in his big boy bed... he does great for nap time. Lately he has been getting into bed for his nap before I even say it's time. However, bed time is still a struggle and sleeping through the night is an off and on occurence. Maybe he's just training me for when his brother comes along.

Some of the things he has said or done lately that made me laugh are:

-We got in the car one day and his seat was really hot. He screamed, "hot, hot" and then turned around to blow on it and said, "better."
-During the 4th of July parade we witnessed several horses pooping right in front of us. Now everytime Ezra sees a horse he says, "horsey, poop!" He then follows with "poop potty" It makes me laugh every time.
-He is very polite and almost always says excuse me when he wants to get by someone. The other day he was playing with the trains in Barnes and Noble and he said "skew me" to a little boy who didn't say anything back so Ezra said it again. When the boy didn't say anything back Ezra looked at me and nodded his head and said, "skewzed"
-Last night he pooped in the tub and started screaming bloody murder. He cried even harder when I started draining the tub and the pooped started swimming closer and closer to him. James couldn't help but laugh. I think I would've laughed more if I wasn't the one who had to clean the poop out of the tub.
-I taught him the chubby face/story and now he is always grabbing my cheeks or his own saying "chubby".
-EVERY time we get in the car he asks for the bus song. The second it's over he shouts, "MORE PEAS!" I have found myself singing these songs in the middle of the night and it drives me crazy!
-He started giving me back massages and he loves to play with my hair, though he has realized he gets a bigger reaction out of me when he pulls my hair, so he starts off really nice and then yanks it to hear me yell. He then follows with "sorry pull hair" and starts all over. I am a little too trusting...

(This is at his 2nd birthday party. I was trying to tell him to throw the balloon at daddy, but he wasn't so sure.- photo courtesy of Cristina Sorensen since I didn't get any pics)

Okay just about everything he does I think is so adorable and hilarious. These really have been the best two years so far and I am looking forward to many more!

6 comments:

grandma and grandpa w said...

I think I have the cutest grandchildren in the world. Ezra is the sweetest and cutest.

Michaela said...

I love all the funny things he says! He is such a cute little guy!! And already 2! Wow!

Caley said...

he really is so stinking adorable! i'm sorry we haven't done all that much this summer. can we make up for that? what are you plans for the next few weeks?

Jenn and Kylann said...

I'm so glad you were blessed with Ezra. He's such a sweet kid! I wish Chase could take lessons from him.

I wish we could have been there for his birthday! And P.S. I took hardly any pictures at Chase's party too. I guess we just get so busy and caught up with being a mother, we forget the pictures sometimes. Oh and both Kyler and Chase like it when we mess with their faces. Weird kids. Maybe it's a Johnston thing.

Sounds like most kids are going to be talking before Chase. He only says a few words and he hardly puts any sentences together. And I can't get him to sit still long enough to teach him any shapes or colors. You're lucky sister!

Give my cute nephew a hug and kiss for me! I love you!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

He is so cute! I love the picture of Ezra's birthday! He is such a good talker! It was fun seeing you guys at the park yesterday!

Katherine Johnston said...

I can't believe I missed your last two posts. I thought if you subscribed, you were supposed to get emails where there is an update? Oh well. I agree with Ezra's other grandparents, I have the sweetest and cutest grandkids in the world. Ezra is just a hunny. I can hardly wait to spend time with him again. And to meet my newest grandson too! Time goes by far too fast. I love you so much. I hope you know that always!