We have been finally made the sad and difficult decision to cold turkey the "mimi" aka pacifier. (Ezra called it his mimi for some reason even though he could say binky and the name just stuck.) I love the mimi almost as much as Ezra does. He is so good at going to sleep and snuggling as long as he has his mimi. It was his best friend. Well, all good things must come to an end. We decided one day that that was the day to throw it away. Ezra screamed and cried until he was able to climb out of his crib and come to the hallway to cry. He eventually fell asleep on the floor in the hallway and slept there two nights in a row. Realizing that the crib was no longer useful, we turned it into a toddler bed. Ezra didn't like that one bit. James thinks he's just suffering withdrawals from missing his mimi. Last night when we were putting him to bed he pointed to the couch in his room, like he does every night and said, "nuzzle". I just can't resist a plea to snuggle. We snuggled for about 5 minutes and then I tried the bed again. He was not having it. Again he pointed to the couch and said, "nuzzle". I picked up his puppy and blankets and made a bed for him on the couch and quickly closed the door waiting for his screams. Silence. He slept through the night and didn't even fall off. I just love that little snuggle bug. I guess our plans of getting rid of the couch to fit a toddler bed in that room have changed. It has only been 2.5 days without mimi and so far we're all surviving!
You have been good to us for almost 2 years. Thank you mimi for all the tears you have stopped and the sleep you have provided us with. Please stand by for 3 more months; we will surely meet again.




4 comments:
good luck! we tried to take it away from katherine but she just takes adams and runs away to her room with it. so i think i am going to still wait a little longer. plus she is potty training right now and i don't want to overdo it with too many new things. maybe i will just start taking it away from her during the day and she can only have it at night when she sleeps. let me know how it goes. i miss you.
-amanda (who is too lazy to sign out of brians account!)
Remember "teet"? Oh poor Ezra and Mimi...such a sad but nessacary break up...that is so cute about the hallway and couch.
aw, sad! ezra is so dang cute. i love that tiny picture of him in his carseat! the pacifier takes up half his face--- amazing.
how are you feeling?!?!? gah. it's getting closer. . . did you switch to the midwives, or no?
Your a good mommy. It will get better! I'm glad we stopped by to visit today, and I'm excited to see you guys tonight!
Post a Comment