2.16.2010

breathe in, breathe out

Today I was feeling frustrated as I sometimes seem to do. I was a little cranky with everything. James asked, "are you cranky with candy?" To which I replied "no." "Are you cranky with me?" To which I replied, "a little." "Are you cranky with Jesus?" To which I replied, "James, I'm not cranky with everything, just some things, ugh." Then I grabbed a piece of pizza and tried to solve my problems with food. James decided to try to teach me breathing exercises to calm down. Here is what happened:

J: You just need to breathe in the good air and exhale all the bad things.
K: No
J: c'mon, just breathe in good, exhale bad. You'll feel better. Let all the good fill your body and let all the bad things come out through your mouth.
K: (I begin to blow and I spit a chunk of pizza all over my husband. I began laughing so hard.)
J: Uuummm
K: You're right that does feel better.

I'm not kidding. I love spitting food or water at my husband. There is just something about actually following through with your secret, only slightly evil thoughts that does make everything better. My advice: The next time you're mad at someone, throw water on them. It's easy to clean, makes you laugh, and lightens the mood in a way no breathing techniques can.

(This story made it to the blog because James requested it. So for all you bloggers who now think I'm horrible, please know that James laughed with me.)

4 comments:

Katie Rogerson said...

I don't think you're horrible. I think you're amazing. It sounds like a great frustration relieving technique. Maybe when we're older we should all carry around water guns so when we get frustrated with our kids we can just squirt them. :)

Jenn and Kylann said...

Well, I think you're horrible! JK! You're just my sister. :o) That's pretty funny. I wish I would have been there. I love you!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

I love stories that involve food/water in James' face...feel free to blog every time you are stressed- jk, kind of. You are so cool dude.

Sheila said...

Hahahaha! That is some of the best advice I've heard in a long time. Thanks you horrible horrible person ;)