6.09.2009
Oops!
So for Ezra's dinner this evening I decided to try Lasagna, which he did not enjoy months ago. After we were halfway through the jar I decided to read the label. Low and behold ... this baby jar has milk and cheese in it! Ugh! I can't believe I missed it. I am so careful about reading every label because Ezra is allergic, but I must have been slacking at the store my last trip. The good news is, he might be growing out of his milk allergy!! Or at least getting used to it. His face looked a little red, but I didn't see hives and I certainly didn't hear wheezing. He was throwing up a little more than usual, but that might be a result of a full tummy and a playful mummy. I would be so excited if cheese can stay in my meal plan for our family. Not to mention the fact that I could finally share my ice cream with him and not have to make him cry while I hand him a dairy free cracker. I'm praying that fearing milk will be a thing of the past for Tressler boy. Then again, maybe it's not so bad. What a great diet. I think I should try pretending I'm allergic to dairy, or at least to ice cream. Then again... maybe not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Every boy deserves icecream now and again...I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Don't feel bad, I still forget to read all food labels and Maya ends up having a reaction to whatever I gave her; for example a certain brand of hot dogs that just happen to have non-fat dry milk. It's so frustrating though and I know exactly how you feel.
I hated being careful with the whole milk thing! Since I started Chase on drinking milk, it doesn't seem to make his eczema worse, though it's not really getting much better either. I hope he has grown out of it, Kayleen. They say, a lot of the time that babies grow out of it by the time they're a year old. It could be a heriditary thing too. Jared's went away, so there is still hope!
I didn't know I could leave comments on your blog till just now. I love, Love, LOVE, reading your blog Kayleen! However, it makes me so sad that I am missing out on all the fun stuff! You DO need a new camera! What happened to yours? I miss my Ezra picture updates! Love you sweetie!
Post a Comment