Deklan just turned 7 and is in 1st grade. His teachers always love him and say what a joy he is in their classes. He's quite a bundle of everything. He's my most empathetic kid and also my biggest stinker. He'll break your heart and then make you feel like a million bucks all in the same day. He is making leaps and bounds in reading and he is very good at math. Deklan got glasses last year and is the cutest little dude in his glasses. He loves soccer, riding his bike and playing video games.
Deklan loves to make people laugh. He can be so silly sometimes just to get a rise out of his friends. He has a really kind heart and a love for our Savior. He gets excited about little things and really thrives off of physical touch. He loves to snuggle or have my rub his back.
He is very strong willed and determined. If he sets his mind to something, he will see to it that it happens. This is a great thing, but can also be a great challenge if my mind is not set to the same thing as him. We are trying hard to channel this into a really good thing for him.
One day he came up to James and said, "Dad, if I'm really good for a whole week, can I get a Bey Blade?" He had been asking me for one for weeks and I kept telling him no. This idea was brilliant. James agreed, but also thought there was no way he could behave perfectly for a whole week. Well, he did! He proved to himself and all of us that he can control his behavior. It was amazing and showed me just how incredible his strong will can be.
Deklan recently had a friend move to a new school and he asked me to get her address so he could write her a letter. His letter was wishing her well in her new school and hoping she was happy. Then he included his only $2 for her. I love his heart.
He also loves babies. I think out of all my kids, Deklan likes babies the most. When Ezra and Makai moved out of their shared room to the guest room downstairs, Deklan had a moment of sadness thinking he would be left alone, but I quickly told him that they moved downstairs to make room for Koda to move into his room. He got so excited and decided Koda needed to be moved into his room that day. I told him this means he has a great responsibility to be a good example and a kind brother to Koda and he loved that.
He is still one of my hardest kids because he struggles with hyperactivity and aggression still, but I see more and more of his tenderness and pure heart the older he gets and I am very proud of him. He has so much goodness in him. One day Deklan had been talking to James about the signs of the second coming of our Savior and he started to feel scared. On his own, he decided to say a prayer. He told us that he received an answer telling him not to worry and that he would be ok. What an incredible example of faith he is to me.
We sure love this little tornado and we're proud of the wonderful kid he is.


1 comment:
He sounds a little like my tornado! I liked that description! Awesome job earning the BeyBlade!💜
Post a Comment