Brynlee is 5 and is in Kindergarten. She is pretty young for her grade, as are Ezra and Makai. I kinda wish I held her back for academic reasons, but she is so social and everyone kept telling me she was ready, so she started Kindergarten. She loves it. She has a fantastic teacher (the same teacher Deklan had last year, actually!) and she is really learning and growing a lot. She's still not quite where I want her to be, but elementary years are so hard to measure because kids excel at such different rates in different areas. We're proud of her and her growth.
Bryn is also in ballet this year. She had her first performance right before Christmas which was in the Nutcracker! A separate post to come on that later. She was adorable and loved all the glam. Her next performance will be in May and I'm looking forward to seeing her progress.
Last summer right after Bryn turned 5, she decided she wanted to ride a bike without training wheels. She mastered it in no time and is now a riding pro. She still hasn't mastered the art of braking, but she just rides until she stops. lol. She can be seen riding all over the neighborhood. She visits one friend after the other. I think she thinks she's much older than she is because she already seems to think she's in charge.
She is still all girl. She loves glitz and glam and tries to sneak in high heels and make up on any of our trips. She just started painting her own nails and she actually does a fantastic job with it. I used to love painting Brynlee's nails, but she got so picky and started ordering me around about how to do it and which colors go on which nails, and it kinda lost the fun for me, so I'm all about her painting her own nails now. She is the same with her hairstyles. I used to be able to do fun and intricate hairstyles, but now she has an opinion and it's usually something more simple because she doesn't like to sit very long for me anymore.
Brynlee sleeps on my floor almost every single night. Even when I start her in her own bed, I end up stepping on her on my floor at some point in the middle of the night. She says she gets scared and she just likes to be close to me. Hard to fight that.
Brynlee can often be found twirling, riding her bike, or talking to herself in front of the mirror. She is a lot of fun and surprises me daily with her bravery and her determination. This girl is a leader and I hope I can channel all that energy and leadership in the right direction! She's still my little bestie and I am so thankful to have her in my world.

1 comment:
Such a sweetie! She'll keep you on your toes with a smile on your face! 💜
Post a Comment