This cutie pa-tootie is our Mak-a-Duke (aka, Duke, Mak, Kai, Doodles, etc...)
Makai is 4 and loving being four. He's a little small for his age and unfortunately seems to have a hard time feeling little. He feels like he's not fast and that he can't do a lot of things, but now that he is 4 that is slowly changing. Actually, now that he finally wears size 4T is what is making it slowly change. He's growing! Makai is my little sunshine when he wants to be and my attitude the next second. He's confusing. He is sensitive, but instead of crying he just gets mad.
He's our story teller. This boy can go on and on and on making up stories. He loves to talk. When he makes up a name for one of his characters he usually uses some kind of sound instead of a real name like, "Thap". He prefers that I tell him stories at night instead of reading them and then he will usually repeat my story back to me with his own twists. When I do read books he hardly lets me finish a whole page without asking me for some back story or more explanation. He also enjoys singing and can go on and on doing that too.
He's hilarious. He loves making people laugh, but he really hates when he feels like people are laughing at him. If he didn't mean to make you laugh then you better not start laughing. He gets distracted easily and hates cleaning. Usually he sits down to clean and ends up making a bigger mess because he gets caught up playing again.
He hates eating unless it's candy. He loves being in charge even though he doesn't understand what that means. His favorite thing to do is play with friends. His best buddy is Ryan and they love playing with cars and wrestling. He gets super serious when he wrestles daddy. To the point that I'm not sure he is still playing. He tells me sometimes he "loses control of my body". lol. He has an answer for everything and is always making up different scenarios that he can either solve or explain.
He is caring. Awhile ago I showed him pictures of kids who didn't have any food and it really concerned him. He asked me a couple weeks later if we could send some of our food to the hungry kids since we have too much. It was so sweet that James and I agreed we need to follow through with that on some level.
He is obsessed with superheroes. His favorite is still Spider-Man, but he also loves Hulk and Thor. He thinks he has real powers, but he told me that he can't control his powers yet. When he is a dad then he will be able to control them. (He also thinks his dad is a superhero.)
I think he might be going deaf. Or maybe he just has selective hearing. I swear I have to shout to get his attention even if I'm talking about sweets! I hope I'm joking, but I really am taking him in to get his ears checked the end of this month.
He asks me all the time when it's going to be his birthday again. He loves to snuggle and gives the tightest most amazing hugs. I love to snuggle him and let him talk my ears off. I love my little Mak-a-Duke.

2 comments:
Snuggle him for me too!
Love, Mom/Nana
I could have put Scarlett's name at the top of this post and it's preeeeety much how she is! How darling. And sometimes, annoying. ha. She is our soft/sensitive/type 2/whiner. I do love all those snuggles though!
Post a Comment