1.09.2015

Ezra James

This handsome stud muffin is our Ez Trez 
(I may have like a million nicknames for all my kids if you haven't noticed :)

Ezra is 6 and will be turning the big 7 July 17th of this year! He is awesome. He is still my greatest helper and now he is my "work for hire" anytime I'm having a hard time keeping up with the other kids and need an extra hand. He will clean the whole house for me, take out the trash, hold the baby, wipe off the table, take care of some dishes, etc. Though he never lets me forget that he was promised some sort of payment in exchange for his services.. though I'm sure he'd do it for free.
He is always going for the laugh. Whenever we have friends over, Ezra is the life of the party. It's hard to tone down his crazy sometimes. Just as much as he is crazy, he is also super calm. His energy is like a roller coaster. He crashes hard and still needs daily down time. We can always count on Ezra for a super silly moment or a heart melting sincere cuddle.
His favorite thing to do is play his Lego Super Hero wii game, but since he can't play it that often because he has a mean mommy, he also likes building things with Legos or MetroMags or any kind of blocks. He loves wrestling (actually this one might be his absolute favorite thing to do). He likes running and practicing cool tricks like roller skating. He recently learned to whistle. He would whistle himself to sleep some nights practicing (not a joke). 
He knocked out his two front teeth last year (one fell out right when he crashed into Makai's head and the other got lose the same time and fell out soon after). His grown up teeth are finally coming through though! It's so weird to see his sweet little baby face turning into a non-baby face.
He's a great eater and compliments me on my dinner all the time even if it makes him throw up because he doesn't actually like it and has a weak gag reflex (sweet potatoes are his least favorite which I just don't understand! And why I keep serving him some is just dumb of me. Though at least he tries.)
He still has a very "matter of fact" personality and can be very serious sometimes. When he gets tired he is just like his mommy and either gets really sad, or really goofy. He loves to be in charge and really tries his best to set a good example for his siblings. He loves sitting by himself and reading books. He is so particular about his space and how he sets up his area around his bed. 
He is thoughtful and always kind and very trustworthy. I can always rely on him.
What can I say? He's simply the best 6 year old I've ever had!

3 comments:

Katherine Johnston said...

He's such a sweetheart and a gentleman! He's gonna be a catch one day for some lucky girl! Cherish him while you can They grow up way too fast. I Love you Ezzy!
Love, Mom/Nana

kelsey said...

I can't even stand how big he looks with those teeth coming in! It's soooo crazy how big our kids are getting.

Nichole Roxanne said...

Oh my goodness!! I almost cried a little, he is so big! I was reading through your last few posts about your kids and was reading the one about Brynlee and how you don't know when she'll crawl, and my first thought was "I remember when Ezra started crawling!" and then I continued on down and there was THIS! and I almost cried a little!! They are all so big and beautiful Kayleen! You have such a beautiful family! I love and miss all of you!! <3