2.25.2014

Gender Reveal Party!

I have never been one for surprises. I unwrap and then secretly rewrap gifts at Christmas time. I like to know things ASAP. It has been the same way with our babies. I don't know how some people can wait to find out the gender until the baby is actually in their arms. Not me! However... I was sort of forced into waiting a little bit this time around. 
I had some abnormal blood work, so my doc sent me to a specialist who made an appointment for me as soon as they were able which happened to be a day that James couldn't get off work. (By the way, the ultrasound was normal. They did a more extensive blood screening which I will get the results of in a little over a week, but the doctor said she expects it to be okay). When she asked if I wanted to know the gender I said, "of course"but then I remembered the promise I made to my sweet love who couldn't be there and said, "actually, maybe you could write it down for me so my husband and I can find out together." Thankfully they sealed the envelope otherwise I would've totally peaked!
When I picked up my boys from my girlfriends house I told her I had the results sealed in the car and she excitedly asked if she could make a cake for us. I happily obliged. The cake turned into a party! I've never done that before. I loved it! It was so exciting.
I have some great friends here. I have always been blessed with wonderful friends everywhere we have lived and each time I feel so honored to be surrounded by these incredible people. My girlfriend got a couple of our other friends involved in the planning and they threw together this party for us! 


And the inside of the cake was...... 


PINK!!!!!!

Oh my goodness!!! We are getting a baby GIRL!!!!!!!!! I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea, but am soooo excited. I had convinced myself that it was a boy and I was completely okay with that. Ezra and Makai both decided before cutting the cake that they wanted a baby sister and James has been talking about wanting a baby girl this whole pregnancy.

I have felt worse this time around and am showing differently (which I attributed all to still nursing Dek-O), but it turns out it really is a GIRL! AHHH! She will be here somewhere around July 19th and we will be ready with clothes and bows and all assortments of girly things that I never could indulge in before. I used to push myself past little girl clothes and look back longingly and now I get to linger in that section for a bit!!! I have to go shopping RIGHT NOW!

9 comments:

kelsey said...

SHUT.THE.FRONT.DOOR. This is the best news ever! Seriously, I have known so many people right now like us, several of the same gender, now getting the opposite! I love it. I'm so completely thrilled for you, I just got chills reading it!!! YAY!!! You will have a blast with a tiny girl in the house and with all those big brothers to look after her.

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

Jaime told me your news today! I was SO excited for you! That will be so fun, and make it a little bit more exciting as you are planning and shopping for her arrival! It seems everything is going great for you guys in Texas! So happy for you guys! (I'm a little jealous-is that bad?)

Grandma Lene said...

Gramma Lene is so excited, after five grandsons in a row (and I love my grandsons) a little girl. Gramma is thinking PINK PINK PINK!!!!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Ahhh! A GIRL?!! I am SO excited for you and you sweet family- that little girl is sure going to be protected by her big brothers! I feel so happy for you guys, and glad you have such sweet friends!

MDtripmom said...

You know what this means, right? A new blog name! This is such wonderful news, so happy for the Tressler Family! You have such handsome little men, can't wait to see your adorable daughter come July!

Katherine Johnston said...

I couldn't be more excited! I have 8 grandkids, and only one of them is a girl. 3 more on the way, one in April, another boy, one in July, a girl (Whootwhoot!) and a mystery grandchild in October. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! 11 grandchildren! Thank heavens for little girls! And boys. I can't wait to hold my new granddaughter and spoil her. Ok, I can't wait to hold all of my new grandbabies of course. But a girl!!!! It's about time! I Love you so much! Praying you have no complications.

Elissa said...

Kayleen,
I haven't looked at your blog in a while. Congratulations on baby #4 and a girl! That's very exciting. I hope you're enjoying homeschool. I always second-guessed myself a lot the first year, too, but it got easier every year to feel like I knew what I was doing and knew what my kids needed to learn. You're a great mom!
Elissa

Jeremy,Jennie said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm so so so super excited for you!!!!!!! How fun, you'll love all things pink, hair bows, dresses, etc etc!!! Congrats :)

Michaela said...

I am SO so so excited for you guys! She is one luckily little lady to get three big brothers to look after her and two great parens! Oh how fun!! Have you gone totally overboard with bows and dresses and all the fun girl stuff yet?? It's all so fun!!