2.26.2013

Binky Bear

We are going to be getting the boys bunk beds in a month or two and my goal has been to get rid of the binky before each of our kids goes into a "big boy bed". So it was time to get rid of Makai's (especially because he's got adorable (but not dentist approved) little buck teeth). With Ezra I cut the tip and he threw them away because they were "broken". It worked okay, but Ezra was a lot younger. I didn't want Makai to think we were throwing away something that was so important to him, so we stuffed it into a bear instead. We made it a special night and went to Build-a-Bear.
He's listening to the recording that Mommy, Daddy and Ezra made for him to go inside his bear.
He looks like he's not too sure about putting that binky in the bear.  Poor kid.
And there it goes. "Buh bye binky"
Then he and Ezra gave his bear a bath and headed over to pick out some clothes for him.
This is what they picked. They are both in love with Spider-Man, so it is very fitting.

The first night made me wonder if it was really such a great idea. He was sad and I seriously thought he might rip open that bear to get his binky out. He finally fell asleep after maybe 30 minutes of trying to get his binky and then woke up only once for a quick binky-less snuggle. He only asked for it maybe 2 or 3 times after that and now he is just fine without it. Now he just loves his Spider-Bear.

2 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

What a good idea! I can't believe he is growing up so fast. I love that he obsessed with spider man- boys are fun.

Michaela said...

That is such a cute idea! I've been thinking about getting rid of Capri's pacifier too. Maybe I'll use your genius idea :)