12.15.2012

Thanksgiving in New Hampshire

This year the 2 Tressler boys and I were able to make a trip to New Hampshire to visit my family for Thanksgiving. We stopped in New Jersey the way there and back to visit my Sister-in-law and her family and to break up the trip. It wasn't too bad. In fact, I don't know why I haven't done that since we moved out east.

The boys had a great time and it was hard to leave. Driving and not having a flight to catch is dangerous. I even changed a doc. appointment so I could stay a couple days longer.

Here's some of what we did:
My mom had a little baby shower for me and my dad took the older kids to a movie :)
Mom and I did lots of crafts, mostly for Christmas presents for my young women at church. We also had a day of baking Christmas cookies and candies and the kiddos helped. This is Lily and Ezra helping me make candies.
Grandpa put the grandkids to work cleaning the yard. He said it was fun for about a minute and then they started dumping out the wheelbarrow and got fired. 
Got to visit with my brother Jason and his wife Jamie and their kids Tyler and Lily.
The kids helped Nana decorate her tree. My mom always has a fun house at Christmas time, so I was really glad to be there to see it again this year.
I love how all the ornaments are clumped in one spot or dragging on the floor. Classic. They had so much fun and felt so proud. 
Makai played dress-up. We went to the store right after this pic. He let me take the dress off, but he insisted on wearing the dinosaur mask throughout the store. We got some great looks and comments. 
Nana wanted a pic of the grandkids, Ezra said "okay" as long as she gave them lollipops. 
Grandpa and the boys
Nana and the boys
We made Christmas trees using ice cream cones one evening. I like this way better than gingerbread houses for kids.
Ezra spent many days playing outside riding his cousin, Tyler's, bike. It really is a cool bike. Maybe that's what we'll get him for his birthday? And why isn't there a cult-de-sac right outside every house? I hope I live on one someday.

We also played at the mall and visited Santa, did lots of shopping and hit up a couple of yard sales. We had Thanksgiving at my aunts house in Massachusetts and it was a great day. I got to see my not-so-little little brother and a couple of friends. Got to go on a daddy-daughter date and run kid-free errands with my mom. It wasn't super eventful, but it was great.

Love you family! Thanks for taking me in and making me feel so welcome and wanted.

2 comments:

Grafulas said...

This sounds like a "relief" visit for a pregnant Mom--I'm jealous :) I don't know what it is about visiting your parents, but it takes some stress off! I'm gonna try the Christmas tree thing for sure--I've been debating on weather to venture with gingerbread houses again this year...

kelsey said...

that bike is awesome, my girls just made me watch that video about twenty times in a row! lol. cul-de-sacs are great, I agree. Especially for young kids.

love the tree, it's amazing. it's what I aspire to have one day . . . an awesome, kid-friendly tree full of memories! sounds like a great trip.