8.16.2012

Makai is 2

Here's a little update on our newest 2 year old:
He's adorable.
He's got big dimples.
He has an awesome overbite that results in the cutest little serious face I ever did see.
He calls Ezra "Za-Za"
He's quick to say sorry.
He's just as quick to forgive.
He repeats everything we say and has some adorable words for certain things.
He's still in love with his binky and sneaks into his bed often to get it.
He calls every ball he sees a "b-ball".
He knows the general animal sounds.
He's learning his colors, but usually starts by calling everything yellow.
He started asking "why?" for everything in January and hasn't really stopped since.
He loves to draw on everything he sees including the floor and himself.
His favorite thing to do is play with cars and trains.
He also loves playing in his water table outside.
He has a fascination with shoes and especially his rain boots.
he insisted on wearing his boots to church one day and I just couldn't say "no" to that wittle face.
He's a great eater. He tries just about everything and usually likes it.
He has a huge sweet tooth. My fault. He throws big fits if he sees something sweet and doesn't get it and goes insane if he actually gets something sweet.
He gets instantly sad and starts to cry if I show him my "mad face".
I can get him to do anything if I just pretend to be sad. (horrible manipulation trick, but I can't say I never do it.)
He loves "shongs" (songs) and really likes to dance.
He is a daddy's boy by far. He can't stop clinging to daddy and climbing his legs when he's here. He even gets mad at me if I try to comfort him before daddy.
He talks all the time and tells fairly long stories, but only 1/4 to 1/2 of it is understandable (to me. I love when people turn to me and say, "What did he say?" and I LOVE being able to translate when I can.)
He adds a "ch" sound or a "sh" sound to many of his common phrases. Example: "March, set, go!" and "want shum (some)."
He is starting to dislike wearing "dippers" (diapers). I'm considering digging through storage to try to find our potty for him. Though probably not.
He loves wearing "dammies" (jammies) and gets excited picking out his own.
He is such a boy. 
He loves to play rough, get dirty, laugh at stinky or gross things, and run wild all day long. 
He makes every day interesting. 
Sometimes I just watch him being little Mak and I am amazed by him.
We are so thankful to have this bundle of craziness in our family.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

He's such a sweet little guy. And so much fun! Happy Birthday to him.