He took one look at his eggs and said, "Gross." Then he quickly mixed them out of the '30' shape. He said it looked like a pile of turds. Awesome. At least he appreciated the poster and video I took of Ezra singing happy birthday and left on his phone that morning.
Then we went to work to meet him for lunch. I was hoping to go someplace nicer than Five Guys or McDonald's, but he had court for work, so we waited until he was available and by then he didn't have much time for lunch :( We opted for Quizno's.
Then he went back to work and the boys and I stayed behind and decorated his car:
![]() |
| You can't see the paint in any of the pictures I took, but this side says, "Caution, old man driving." There are 30 post-it kisses and a big happy birthday sign on his steering wheel. |
![]() |
| His "cake". It's key lime pie because the local store had to throw out their cakes due to a power outage and this is the next best thing for James. |
Even though the day wasn't as successful as I had hoped, I tried at least and I think he appreciates my efforts. We did end up taking him to dinner the next time he got a day off and we went to Six Flags and called it part of his birthday too :)
Here's proof that he will always be young at heart:
![]() |
| This is at six flags in the big ball room. James had way more fun than the kids. I had to tell him we were ready to go about 3 times before he finally came with us. haha. |
![]() |
| While he can be very serious, he doesn't ever take himself too seriously. And yes, James, to answer your question, of course I'd still love you if you looked like this! |
Love that "old" man of mine!







1 comment:
stop the birthday madness. the eggs! brilliant. I love it all, you are a great wife. you'll laugh when you hear what jake got for his 30th . . . HA.
Post a Comment