7.18.2012

4th of July

Our 4th of July started out hopeful with daddy off work for the day, but he was sadly and abruptly called into work right when he woke up, even though he had worked all day and night the day before and didn't get home until 5 that morning :(
So sad, but we tried to not let it get us down. We went to a children's celebration at the mall where we were able to listen to a live children's musician and the kids got their faces painted!
Makai's had already smeared quite a bit by the time we made it out of the mall and to the car where my camera was, but he's still the cutest Tiger I've ever seen.
Ezra requested a pirate and LOVED it. People kept commenting on it and he said,  "Mom, everyone just loves my face! Can you believe it?" He was so sad when it faded and when we finally washed it off.

After naps we had a barbeque thanks to my Father-in-law and then the kids and I headed to the parade. It wasn't nearly as cool as Rexburg's small town parade, and it was sooo hot, but the kids loved it just the same.
Post nap and sweat smudge. I finally wiped it off while waiting for  our political parade, I mean 4th of July parade..
Ezra is such a great brother

Then we went to the fireworks. I sat behind a larger sort of head and couldn't even move around to see much, but the kids loved it and it hardly took us any time to get out of there, so that was a major plus!


The 4th of July is such a fun holiday!

3 comments:

Elissa said...

I love the face paint! Makai makes such an adorable tiger!

Danielle said...

That face paint is pretty incredible! So cute! Hey- thanks so much for your sweet comments. THey always make me feel so good. You are so kind and loving and I really appreciate it!

kelsey said...

Holy, that is one professional looking tiger face! So awesome.