3.08.2012

Update on Ezra

Here's some lovely pics I found on my comp today:
He's pure entertainment. 
We had some hispanics over working on the house today and every time he'd hear them talk, he'd do his version of what they sounded like. Chicachookalagalooga, etc. How embarrassing. He's got a courtesy laugh that makes me step back and think he's growing to fast every time I hear it. He saves his best laugh for daddy though. I love his 'playing with daddy' laugh.

This boy has sass, compassion, livelihood, aggression, energy, love, sensitivity and so much more. He's  a little bundle of everything and it sure does keep me busy. 

He's still in preschool. He's still better at MarioKart than I am. He still has to have a toy and water when he goes to bed. Without fail he has to go to the bathroom about 5 minutes after we sit down to dinner. He gets frustrated easily and gets his feelings hurt just as quickly. 
His cry ALWAYS starts like a siren and it is ear piercing as it escalates. 
He's a great big brother and knows just how to make Makai laugh. He can make him cry really well too. 
He loves to ride bikes, make projects, go to the park, play at the mall, visit his friend Samuel, wrestle with daddy, snuggle with mommy, draw people, stir his own chocolate milk, jump off of everything, and go on adventures. It doesn't matter where we're going; if I tell him it's a special adventure, he's pumped.

He's "got the moves like Jagger" and tells all of us all the time. He's very into break dancing and showing us his moves. 

He is constantly telling me how to drive. "Don't crash.", "What's the speed limit? Don't go past the speed limit!", "Whoa, this is a tight squeeze.", "Don't hit that car." You'd think he's experienced many car accidents before.

He loves to be weird and he loves to be a boy. He's learning to read. I never realized just how difficult our alphabet can be until I was trying to teach a 3 year old all the "special cases". His favorite game to play is Uno Roboto and he's finally accepting that he doesn't always have to win. He still loves Cars and quotes it every now and then.


He loves when I let him listen to "his music" in the car and often reminds me when we've been listening to mine too long. He reminds me to be nice and always say sorry after I do something against our family rules. He reminds us to say family prayers and give family hugs. He loves that he can finally spit when he brushes his "teef".
He says "laster-year", "laster-time" or "laster-day" any time he talks about the past. 
He gets so proud of Makai when he says something that actually sounds like a real word. 
He still holds my hand, caresses my cheeks, kisses my forehead and whispers that he loves me. 
This little bundle of Ezzy drives me so crazy, but he always knows exactly how to remind me how amazing he is and what a blessing he is in my life and in our family. We love our goofball.

2 comments:

Jeremy,Jennie said...

Ahh, this makes me miss little Ezra!! I've decided that nice little boys are hard to come by (which is who I would prefer Kaden to play with) so we need to live in the same town again so our boys can play, okay? :)

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

He is such a crack up! And so sweet too. I just love little Ezra James.