1.05.2012

Tressler 2011 Newsletter


(So I spent a couple hours putting together a fancy newsletter and then e-mailed them since I didn't get them out with our Christmas cards and then come to find out fancy from a Mac doesn't translate well to all computers and e-mails. It came out all squished and mumbo jumbo-ed. Bummer. Well, here's a simpler version of that letter. Next year I'll stick to simple.)

Happy New Year
2011 brought a few changes to our family. The biggest change was our move from Idaho to Maryland in July. It has been a hard adjustment as we greatly miss our first home and many wonderful friends, but we are learning to make it home here in Maryland. We are currently living with James’ mom and Stepdad. We are especially enjoying being close to family and the temple James and I were married in.

Our Bigger 2011 Adventures
In April we were able to make a trip to California to visit James’ dad and family. Before our move in July we made a couple trips to Pocatello, ID to visit family and to Utah to see a friend’s wedding and visit family. Our last Utah adventure was for our little Mak’s surgery in June.  Then we prepared for our big move in July. At the end of August we made a trip to New Hampshire to visit Kayleen’s family for our first Johnston Family Reunion. Soon after our return we traveled to New Jersey to visit more family. And our last getaway adventure was a trip to Pennsylvania that began with a rainstorm and ended with Ezra, James, Kayleen and the car covered in throw up. I guess that’s why it was our last for a little while.

James, The Dad
James transferred with Wal-Mart and is currently working Asset Protection. It’s a lot different out here than it was in Idaho, so he’s enjoying how busy he is. He’s working on getting promoted in January. He has taken a renewed interest in missionary work and goes out with our local church missionaries often. He is our relief in the family. When daddy is home, playtime never ends. The boys adore him. Ezra can’t stop wrestling and Makai loves to “sword” fight with him. 

Kayleen, The Mom
Kayleen stays home with the boys and stays busy managing our family. She has started babysitting a newborn girl part-time and is enjoying that. She was recently called to work with the Young Women (ages 12-18) at church. Nothing brings her more joy than being called mom and getting to snuggle daily with those Tressler boys.


Ezra James
Ezra turned 3 in July. He keeps us laughing and he sure does keep us busy. He is a good big brother and has a beautiful, genuine concern for Makai. He started preschool in September and loves it. He also played soccer this fall and enjoyed having mommy as a volunteer coach. He doesn’t stop running, gets excited easily, and he enjoys people watching. He is tenderhearted and thinks everything is “cute”. He is such a joy to our family.

Makai Neil
Makai turned 1 in August. He had surgery in June and recovered well. He started taking steady steps the beginning of October and has since taken to running. He is fearless. He’s got a big sweet tooth and a gentle disposition, though he’s got a monstrous amount of sass too. He does everything Ezra does and finds more comfort from daddy than mommy. He has started talking and has the cutest little voice, though mostly he just “quacks” all day. We just adore this spunky little boy.

Here’s to a great 2012!
From The Tressler’s
James, Kayleen, Ezra & Makai









4 comments:

Jordan said...

What a beautiful family! It's crazy how much our lives have changed since a ward activity at BYU-I. At least yours started out with a free date, Kyla dumped me the first round, lol. We wish you guys the best in Maryland. Happy holidays! -Jordan

Jeremy,Jennie said...

AWESOME pictures!!!! You guys all look fantastic!!

kelsey said...

I love your red lipstick. And the picture of James and Ezra--- Ezra's little face is the best thing I've ever seen. He's obviously learning to make some great faces! Also. . . if Makai gets any cuter, I'm flying out there to steal him. Honestly, that kid is CUTE. You should just stop making babies right now, because you've outdone yourself- really.

Oh yeah, and I'll be 28 this year! Yikes.

Melanie said...

Kayleen, YOU HAVE THE CUTEST KIDS ON THE PLANET!!! Seriously, I just want to eat them up! I love your cute little family. I think you need to visit Utah for a bit. I miss you guys!!!