It's tradition in our family that whenever you get a haircut, you also get a lolli.
![]() |
| the first careful cut in the back |
So why no 'Before and After'? Well, the before pretty much looks just like the after. James trimmed the hair in front so it stays out of his eyes and then when he started cutting the back I started to cry. Cry. Seriously. I wasn't attached to Ezra's hair and got excited when we first cut his hair at like 8 or 9 months. I've always been attached to Makai's; even after his curls relaxed. However, the back is just too long, so I asked James to cut it. I just didn't realize how emotional it would be for me. So seeing my tears, James was careful to leave the top long. The back doesn't drive me crazy and Makai still looks like my babe. He just doesn't look so much like a girl.
How silly to be attached to hair, but it wasn't just his hair. It was as if I was watching him go from my baby to a little boy.


1 comment:
I totally get this!!!! We always waited to get our boys hair cuts until after their first birthday. With Ethan I saved some pieces of his baby hair in a piece of paper, waiting to go into his baby book and Nate threw it out by accident. Well, me being the horrible Wife I am, made him dive into the big green dumpsters and find our trash bags and get me my baby's hair... I'll never forget it!
Post a Comment