11.04.2011

A Visit With Nana

My mom came to visit last week. It was really nice to have her here. James' Grandma had just passed away the week before, so things were a little crazy around here, but everything worked out. She made it just in time to see Ezra play soccer. We went to a Pumpkin Festival at his school, the Fire Department for a safety class and tour and we even ventured to the beach. We were also able to spend two days visiting my mom's best friend, Sandee. We went on the Naval Base and saw all the cool airplanes. We  went downtown Annapolis, had lunch where the Obama's apparently go when their in town and we checked out some cool boats on the water. Then we went to Port Discovery. And of course we did some shopping and even stayed at a fancy hotel (one of my favorite things to do).

My niece, Ashley and Ezra with our new friend The Fireman. I'm so glad we took Ashley, because she knew all the answers during the fire safety class.

That helmet seriously weighed at least half as much as Ezra. He was terrified of firefighters before, which is why we went to meet them, but now every time we drive by the department, he gets so excited and shouts, "The Fire House!"

Nana Kaffy (Kathy)


Sandee (family friend for almost 30 years)

PORT DISCOVERY:


We probably spent most of our time at the water exhibit.

 James had just as much fun as the kids at Port Discovery. He is easily fascinated by so many things and I love that about him.

Just had full knee replacement surgery and already surfing?




It was really nice to have her here for a short visit before her big cruise. Thanks for coming Nana. Ezra still reminds me how sad you are because he didn't come home with you. 

1 comment:

Katherine Johnston said...

I had so much fun with you and the kids. Too bad time flies by so fast when your having fun! I miss you. Couldn't send those other pictures because the sizes are too big, but I'll put them on a cd and mail them to you. Love you, and still sad that Ezra couldn't come home with me. I really love those boys, and you and James!