2.14.2011

Meet Kayleen

(Written by James and completely unedited, even though I wanted to. I did, however, re-title this ...)
"His Revenge"

My wife Kayleen- How would one describe her? To start off she is a 5 year old little girl trapped into a 24 year old body. I say this because if you were to see her when she gets goofy and you were to see a 5 year old little girl next to her at the same time you would not be able tell any difference. I would say the same for when she tries to dance. She Has The Rhythm Of A Five Year Old.

This is not entirely a bad thing because it is funny when Ezra starts playing along. Also to the positive side she is as sweet as one too. Her love and kindness could make oceans overflow, but I do give a warning if you upset her, for the next day or two that love and kindness flows about as well as water does in the Atacama Desert, ( I had to Google that) which brings me to my next thought.



To try and explain Kayleen better I feel that giving personal experiences would better pin the tale on the donkey. When Kayleen gets upset or better said when I make her upset that fountain of love and kindness turns off fast. I’m sure that this is the norm for most people. Me being a guy or just me, can let things go easily or not bother me and I can get over things pretty fast only when I turn my internal switch to the off position. Kayleen CAN NOT. The switch that Kayleen has does not have that option, in fact for some reason it goes into internal hyper drive. Every outward emotion reverts inward. On the outside she is as cold as ice but on the inside she is steaming HOT. So this is the dilemma I’m trying to lead into. She tells me that I need to talk to her to let her know that I care and so she can get over her frustration, anger, etc. with me. After reading that, one would most likely say “James that’s easy and to just do it”. I would and I have tried many times but when I do she some how knows how to say things directed to me that reach inside me and turn that switch to the on position no matter how hard I try to keep it off. I do not like how I act when that switch gets turned on. The outcome is always negative. This is why I choose to not say anything and try to let her cool off on her own. I can do that pretty well but I guess she can’t. Me letting her cool off is a bad idea. Talking to her seems to bring very similar outcomes. This is my dilemma.


She is my princess and I don’t ever want to yell at her. She definitely deserves a prince or knight in shining armor. I actually like talking things through and working things out as long as Kayleen doesn’t shoot those fiery darts. I wish they made some kind of emotional bullet proof vest to take that kind of punishment Kayleen dishes out when I try talking to her, but then I think “James is she right?” then I tell myself “Yes” and “Do you probably deserve it?” and once again I say “Yes”. They say it takes two to tango but some how women always make it seem you’re the only one doing it and what’s worse is you end up truly believing it too. I used to think that I was a big strong rock but now I can see that I’m just a piece of clay getting molded into Kayleen’s ideal prince.

Something I find admirable in Kayleen is that she tries very hard to be not just a good mom, but a great mom. She does the same with being a wife. For example she knows that I love having food made for me. I am a fat kid trapped in a skinny body. I like to eat yet I’m too lazy to make it myself. Kayleen is so great because if anyone burned food the way she did when we first got married they would have given up a long time ago. I literally couldn’t understand how she could burn everything. Toast is something you turn the number to its correct setting and then let the toaster do its thing. Not with Kayleen, some how she could go through half a loaf of bread in minutes. This went on for months. Kayleen did not get blessed with the cooking skills, in fact she got cursed. At times I really didn’t understand how she would burn everything. At first she blamed the oven, but later just accepted the fact that she was truly cursed. It’s a good thing I ate some pretty nasty things in Mexico which were a lot worse. The Wonderful thing about Kayleen is that she never gave up. In fact she has come a long way since then. I actually enjoy her meals now and look forward to them. Kayleen is not a quitter, she is persistent and a very hard worker. I love this about her because she not only knows how to get things done, but she does a really good job getting things done. She is definitely my better half.


When I think back through the past few years of marriage I realize that Kayleen is a rock to me. She gives me strength and is always there for me. She is also always there for our two boys. She is a light and example to me in many ways and always makes me want to be better. I am lucky to be a piece of clay she has control over. With out her I would have probably ended up as a turd in a bucket that deserved to be thrown out, but instead I get to become a true knight in shinning armor. I guess those fiery darts is her putting pressure on those hard stubborn lumps of clay that need molding.

9 comments:

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

baaa ha ha, oh man! Leave up to our husbands to woo us eh? I think you are adorable!!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

I'm telling you, the new fad is us boys writing on our wife's blogs!!!

Jenn and Kylann said...

LOL...Very good, James. I still think you should have let me send you some better pictures. You could have embarrassed her a whole lot more! For example, I have one of her sitting on the floor while brushing her teeth with toothpaste spit running down her chin from laughing so hard.

Danielle said...

Okay- you guys are awesome. I love how honest this post was cause like- I kinda hate when husbands write how amazing their wife is and that's it. It always makes me think, "uh...what am I doing wrong? Why doesn't my husband think I'm the most amazing person ever with no faults?!?!"- but seriously, I loved this cause like I could totally see each scenario with Clay and me. With the whole...on/off switch :) Kayleen, I think we are a lot alike when it comes to patience with our husbands :) Oh- and I LOVE that pic of you guys..the last one. Sooo pretty.

Ian Sorensen said...

My favorite is how James would be a turd without you Kayleen. It doesn't get much sweeter than that! :)

Sheila said...

Kayleen, can you please post a video of your dancing now? I'm glad to feel that I'm not the only one who dances like small children. lol. Miss you and I would really like to visit you!

Melanie said...

You guys are so funny! I have LOVED LOVED LOVED reading about you guys! What a fun idea! You two are an amazing couple and incredible people!

Erica said...

That was so funny to read. I was laughing so hard. She IS such a good Mom and I'm so glad she's there to mold your clay.

kelly said...

Women are very mysterious but all we want really is a husband that cares for us and that can sense when we need a break from everything...kids, house, making dinner. My one suggestion to Kayleen would be to think of his needs (making dinner and a clean house)it is amazing how those 2 small things make his day and let him know that you really care and love him...and to James would be just hug her when she gets frusterated...she will soften right up into your arms (and wash the dishes every now and then without her asking you to.) Good luck...these comments made me think back to the first part of my marriage and I had to laugh out loud because they are so similar. We are married (17 years) and still have to work through tough moments...but it is worth it 100%. It is NEVER greener on the other side.