2.20.2011

Meet Ezra

Ezra was born July 17th, 2008. He's the weirdest of all of us. If you know either James or I then that is really saying something.
His favorite things are getting dizzy, driving cars, running, playing with trains, and sword fighting.
If we ask him to get something for us and we end up getting it instead it really makes him sad. For example: I asked him to get me a diaper for Makai. His response was, "actually, I can't." So, I went and got it myself. He started screaming, took the diaper from me, put it back and then brought it to me with a smile. He does this ALL the time.
He also enjoys destroying things, playing catch and practicing ABC's.
He is a handful, but he is my best little buddy. He shows me the same affection I show him and I love it. To him I am "sweetheart" or "baby love". He plays with my hair, rubs my cheeks and gives me constant kisses.
He never stops jumping. Like, seriously. He jumps and twirls and runs and jumps and flops and run and jumps.
He is easily excited. And very expressive. Both facially and vocally.
He loves having friends and thankfully he feels pride in sharing.
He adores his little brother. He's always asking where he is and then giving him kisses or rubbing his hair. He always shares too well with Makai, so we monitor all interactions carefully.
He's slow to warm up, but gets attached to people easily afterwards.
He loves the Wheels on the Bus soundtrack in our car and requests it EVERY TIME WE DRIVE! He also begs for it to be loud because "brudder not sleeping right now!"
He hates being left behind and always says, "mommy, you be right back please?" It melts me.
He has a very sensitive gag reflex and often dry heaves or actually vomits at the sight or smell of boogers, poop or spit up.
He still loves to shake his booty.
Every time I cry he asks, "you okay sweetie?" and never fails to provide me with a Kleenex. He'll also be there to rub my back.
He quotes movie after movie even if he's only seen it once.
He thinks the shark in our fridge has magic healing powers. I should mention the shark is a cooling pack. When he falls or gets hurt cries for the shark immediately and within a second of putting the shark on the injured area he is free of tears and back in the game. I should also send of a farewell to our dear magic shark who has leaked out all the magic liquid and been thrown away recently. He has now been replaced with a magic Buzz.
He likes this little jumper here mainly to spin around so fast over and over again.
He spins so fast and so much that it makes him lose his dinner. As noted above, it doesn't take much to get this boy to vomit. We've become vomit cleaning champs over these last 2.5 years.

We're potty training right now. See HERE.

He's a goober. Right now we're working hard on ABC's. He's off and on with what he recognizes and doesn't. Usually when he sings the song he goes to g and then skips to q, so we're a little lost somewhere in the middle. He always says, "Z for Ezra." I blame myself. What? There is a "Z" in his name. It made sense to me.

He's a full blown daddy's boy. It's sweet. He does everything daddy does. He loves to wrestle him, jump on him, fight him, play catch with him, snuggle with him, and especially laugh with him. James just has a way of getting Ezra to laugh like no one else can.

I just don't even know what to say about this picture...

He enjoys dressing and undressing though he usually gets things a little backwards. The other day he wore a backwards and inside out pull-up with backwards pants. I love the outfits he chooses too. He's a free spirit.

He hates going to sleep. He is always coming out to check on us or to tell us something or to ask for water, blankets, flashlight, books, cold water, a song, another prayer, more water, etc. He also hates having his door closed. He has to sleep with two puppies, most of his Disney Cars cars, water (cold and filled), two blankets, a flashlight and usually a book. He needs to be read to, say prayers, be sung to, hugged and kissed and tucked in. He hates going to sleep so much and is so difficult to go to sleep that even when he finally conks out he sleeps with one eye open. Can't quite tell? Scroll down.

Here's a creepy close-up for ya.

He had his first crush when he was 1 and a half. He would always search for her belly button each time we went into Old Navy. One day I guess he realized she was perfect for him so he made his move. I don't know why he decided to go in for the kill without even introducing himself officially. I'm keeping him locked up for the next 17 years. My mom happened to catch him on camera. Here she is:

Out of all us Tressler's, you probably know Ezra the most because he's the one we always talk about. He's just the most interesting. He's got his own little style and charm about him that make him irresistible. I could just eat him sometimes. He's so much like his daddy and I guess a little like me too that he's just a mess when it comes to being normal, but who wants to be normal? Ezra is my wild child and we just adore him to itty bitty pieces.

3 comments:

Grandma Lene said...

I loved reading these meet the family blogs. It made me laugh and cry at the same time. It made me want to go back in time and be younger than you so that I could grow up to be just like you guys. I love you guys so much. I think I want to have a copy of these posts to save for when I need a warm fuzzy kind of day. This from Amy

Katherine Johnston said...

Everytime I read your posts, I miss you and my sweet grandsons so much! I am so grateful to live in a day and time when blogs, and facebook, and emails exist. I would hate to miss out on all the sweet, precious things that go on in your lives. I love you all so very much! Ezra is growing up so fast! And Makai, has those Kaiser eyes!

Courtney Carter said...

This makes me wish so much that we lived close to you guys. I love it. So much.