Just when we were thinking Ezra was growing out of his allergy, he reminds us that this superbaby's kryptonite still comes from cows. He was sick all last weekend and literally didn't eat anything! Okay, maybe a couple pretzels here and there, but he wouldn't try anything else. I made sure to load him up on any liquids including all the juice he kept asking for just to try to compensate. Well, yesterday he was feeling better, no fever and jumping all over everything. I decided to give him some mac and cheese, which he loves, so I knew if he was feeling well then he would surely go for that. He did eat some of it, but not too many bites in and his face swelled up, his eyes got red and itchy and on came the hives. I was so sad. I'm sure he was sad too.
Several months back James and I decided to give him milk in little increments each day to try to get him used to it. I guess that's what happened because the second we stopped, his allergy reappeared. I can't complain too much, because he did get to the point where he could tolerate almost anything except direct milk, so maybe there is still hope. My 4 year old niece is really allergic to dairy too, but she can't seem to tolerate even the slightest bit of milk. I just can't imagine living in a world where ice cream wasn't the cure to everything.

No comments:
Post a Comment