8.10.2009

FuN with ET (cell phone pics, sorry)

Ezra is getting so big now he can sort of dress and undress himself. Clearly the "sort of" is completely relevant. He did start crying after I took this picture. I'm sure he didn't appreciate the shirt stuck on his head or mean mommy laughing at his struggles. Poor Ezra.

One of Ezra's favorite things is to climb. People warned me about this, but I personally think it's really funny to watch him try. I realize that with climbing comes more bumps, bruises, tears, and broken things, but every new trick he learns is just so fun for me to witness and for right now I am always able to be right there to catch him.

For his birthday Grandma Ilene got him a rocking horse. He loves to ride it, but he especially loves when daddy pushes him on it all over the house. This is also where Ezra and I both sit together at night to rock. We don't have a rocking chair, so it's the next best thing and it is quite comfortable to cuddle on (for Ezra and me. James and me? Not so much)!

His latest pose is what we call his "butt pose". Why? Well, because he poses with his butt of course. He puts his head on the ground and looks between his legs smiling. The upside down world must be intriguing to a child because he does it often.

Today we went on a LONG walk to the river. It was so beautiful outside and we love our walks! Ezra had never been to the river before, so he was in heaven. I took him to a bridge and he would run from one side to the other pointing at the water saying, "ahhh". He learned the word for "water" and "tree" today. Tomorrow, perhaps he'll learn "ducky".


He is becoming more helpful and he is learning to communicate a lot more. He'll bring us almost anything we ask to him bring and he is learning to tell us what he wants. He begs for "daddy" when he's happy and cries for "mama" when he's sad. He really likes "very vanilla soy milk", long walks around the park, dancing in the kitchen with mommy, bouncing on furniture with daddy, and extra long afternoon naps. Everyone always says they grow up too fast, but so far I am loving every stage. We feel like we have really cherished every stage of his first year of life and we have no regrets. We love our baby boy more than any parenting book or "experienced advice" could have ever prepared us for. (We say that all the time, but it is so true.)

4 comments:

Jenn and Kylann said...

Is he actually saying all of those words? That's good. Chase won't say much besides, mama, dada and ow. But he is learning lots of sign language. You're luck you have such a good boy. Your nephew is just a little monster who doesn't want to ever listen to his parents!

Erica said...

Love, love, loved the butt pose, and he is very talented to be able to put his clothes on.

He's getting so big and I'm missing it.

by the way I guess I forgot to post that Austin's artwork was not poop, it was peanut butter.

E said...

so cute!! send me your email so i can invite you to my blog! eed514@aol.com

hmmm said...

the whole sort of getting dressed/undressed by himself made me giggle. that happens to me EVERY TIME i wear a hooded sweatshirt. don't know what it is....