7.18.2014

Introducing Sister to Brothers

The boys all came with my mom to visit us in the hospital the day Brynlee was born, but they were far more interested in my "owies" and Nana's phone and their friends that also came to visit than they were in their new baby sister. However, their interest was raised the next day when we brought her home. They were all so loving and so excited to see her. They think she's beautiful and our little princess and they are so amazingly gentle with her. They all love kissing her and hugging her and touching her. Ezra enjoys sitting by her in the car and helping her if she gets fussy. It's adorable.

They were all eagerly awaiting our return. It made coming home so exciting. They even colored pictures with Nana and hung them on the door for us :)
He did not want to let this baby out of his arms. I kept trying to take her back and he just held her tighter and squawked at me. He is a very proud big brother. He comes in every morning to check on her in her bed. He was fascinated by her umbilical cord and gets alarmed and concerned when she gets fussy.
Makai loves her and shouts her name every time she's awake.

Proud Big Brothers
Ezra is such a great helper with her and is already protective. Though I can't get him to change her diapers, darn it!

He really would not let her go any time I let him hold her. It kind of made me nervous because he would just squeeze her tighter.

They can't wait to see her crawl and hear her talk and keep asking me what she can do now. Lol. Even though she may not be very interactive right now, it is so sweet to see these boys love her and get excited to have her in our family! Such good big brothers this lucky little girl has ;)

And I am loving playing dress up every day:
cutest little Minnie Mouse I have ever seen
4th of July


I love my little girl :)

10 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

There is something so sweet about bringing a baby home, I felt all emotional reading this. Such a special time for your family. The picture of you and James coming home made me miss you guys! And those boys! What sweet big brothers. You have the cutest family, Kayleen. I get so excited every single time you blog. Brynlee is a doll!

Katie said...

Brynlee is so adorable. I wish I could kiss those sweet baby girl cheeks! I love the entire story and since I know my brother I'm positive he deserved those "air punches" ;)

I also loved the story about Ezra's eye and him wearing his sunglasses everywhere and the pic of him at church singing with the primary. Classic!

We sure miss you guys!

Michaela said...

Oh she is SO cute! And the boys are so sweet with her! That's adorable that Decklan won't let her go! Your kids are the cutest! I love that they put up pictures on your front door for you! :)

Ian Sorensen said...

Oh my goodness! I just decided to check out your blog after a long absence and I see you have a baby GIRL!!! How exciting. I'm so glad I decided to look! Congratulations, she is beautiful!

Ian Sorensen said...

Oh my goodness! I just decided to check out your blog after a long absence and I see you have a baby GIRL!!! How exciting. I'm so glad I decided to look! Congratulations, she is beautiful!

Katie R said...

I just stumbled back on your blog. For some reason your posts never pop up in my reader so I didn't realize there were any posts about your baby girl. She is so absolutely adorable! Congratulations on finally getting another girl in the house! :) I'm so glad that the boys are so sweet on her. I hope they still feel that way! I'm so happy for you, Kayleen!

Nichole Roxanne said...

KAYLEEN!!! She is absolutely beautiful and the boys are getting soooo big!! I hope that everything is wonderful and amazing!!!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Kayleen! Feeling a desperate need for an update on the Tressler family! I have been on the hunt for a lion costume for William and I keep thinking about Ezra...he was such a cute toddler. Anyway, sending my love. Shoot me an email, would love to keep in touch. brassell.mary@gmail.com

Kami said...

Hey there! She is beautiful! Your boys are growing and by the looks of it you are raising them right. It's so great they are protective and loving to their new baby sister! What a great mom you are Kayleen, I know there are rough days, but you must be doing something right when there are moments like those. Love ya, and miss ya so much! Thanks for calling!!

Katherine Johnston said...

I was thrilled to be there for this precious homecoming! I Love my sweet little Brynlee. It was so precious to see her brothers react to her. Especially Deklan!
Love, Mom/Nana